benefit to having more drivers in a door?

dpeebs

hi there I am about to start on putting my system in my winter beater. I have all the old equipment from my previous project. I have 2 pairs of infinity kappa 60.9 components there 90 rms each I have a kicker 350.4 that is 90 rms at 2 ohm (speakers are 2 ohm) I have it all going into a 1987 ford ranger along with 3 jl audio w7 8's on a pioneer gm 9601. since I will have the sub box in the rear (truck is a super cab) there will be no place for rear speakers (im okay with this) but since I have the speakers I want to put all 4 sets in the front. I will be making door panels in the next couple weeks my door panels are paper im going to use some 1/4 hard wood to remake mine because they are flat. I would like to know if there are any benefits to running more speakers in the front will it be louder or will it be kinda over kill? the kappas were pretty loud just looking for feed back and possible help on building door panels. thanks

if you have the four channel and the speakers and you dont mind building door panels I would say why not....kinda just depends on if your willing to put in the effort of building door pods/panels

if your worried about over kill I dont think it would be...the nice thing about having too much is the ability to turn it down...vs not having it enough and be maxing everything out...if you get what I mean by that.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

ya I understand what you mean. and the door panels will be easy until I get to fiber glassing. I have an idea on what to do with the doors I have a thread insert tool that like rivets treaded rivets into the metal so I want to use the wood than bolt it to the door. I want to make the panels then make some pods to hold the mids and bolt or screw them to to wood I used to replace the old door panels. either way its only going to cost me a few bucks in materials because I have all the equipment. I will be starting a build log when I start the project

My recommendation is to try it with only 1 pair of tweeters first. Much easier to add a pair of it isn't enough than to take away if it's too much. My last car had 2 6.5s per door and only 1 tweet per door and it was more than enough for my tastes.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

ya that's true but also I don't like not being able to hear my music over the bass. the truck is so small that 3 w7 8's might drown out the rest, and I don't want that I know a lot of people in my area who go out buy like 2 15's and have stock speakers and all you can hear is bass even in the car. not my cup of tea lol

also would there be any benefit to running a 2 channel amp than a 4 channel? I know a guy who has 2 brandnew Rockford 200.2 amps (older style) he wants 120 for

I would much rather have a pair of 2 channels than a single 4 channel ...

But then again, that's just me

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived