CarAudioFab Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 Speaker gasket tape works well too. And threaded inserts -Mark Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos! Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication
Jeff4661 Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Speaker gasket tape works well too. And threaded insertsX2 I've built a couple with speaker gasket tape Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Tyler Clutz Posted January 17, 2015 Author Report Posted January 17, 2015 Like others have said, Titebond I, II, or III will all get the job done well. How did you come up with that design? In the picture it shows the recommended specs as 2 cubes sealed, 1 ported at about 49 Hz. However you have 1 cube sealed and 2.5 ported at 45 Hz. You are going to end up with a giant peak in your response at 40 Hz with nothing above or below that. I found the excel program online and used it with the dimensions of my truck. i spent weeks researching 4th order boxes and came up with a 1:2 ratio sealed to ported and also tuned the box to the resonance of the cab. The box works well for what it is. The response is pretty good, between 30-80 Hz no problem anything less than 28 Hz i have to push it a little.
Tyler Clutz Posted January 17, 2015 Author Report Posted January 17, 2015 That box looks very similar to one I did for a Fosgate P2 10" sub and it had great range. It just didn't have much output due to it being a 300W 10" sub. For my bandpass boxes, if I want to have a removable lid(like my current blowthrough 4th order), I use this stuff: I'm not sure you can see it but it's a foam/rubber type of steal with one side that is sticky and once you've applied pressure, it sticks to that wood really well for a tight seal. It looks like this: where do you find this at? this is the only similar thing i could find at lowes
Soccerballzs Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Glue it screw it then veneer it hate raw plywood edges here looks unfinished. But then I build Sub Furniture! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
CleanSierra Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Keep looking at Home Depot sand Lowes, it's the same brand as stuff you're looking at. Look at the picture on the box until you find the "RIBBED WEATHERSTRIPPING" Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Joe X Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Like others have said, Titebond I, II, or III will all get the job done well. How did you come up with that design? In the picture it shows the recommended specs as 2 cubes sealed, 1 ported at about 49 Hz. However you have 1 cube sealed and 2.5 ported at 45 Hz. You are going to end up with a giant peak in your response at 40 Hz with nothing above or below that. May be a SQ guy nightmare but the idea is getting the thing loud at any cost, if you factor in cabin gain you won't totally get a one note wonder as a raw model would show, also tighter sealed chamber gains you driver mechanical control.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 Yeah I'm sure cabin gain will help smooth things out quite a bit, especially on the lower end. I still bet it's got a pretty good peak in it. I'd love to see what the measured in cab response ended up being. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted January 17, 2015 Report Posted January 17, 2015 OP great effort and I can understand people wanting to have something special rather than a standard box BUT looking at the facts you could have had 2 drivers instead of one in that space ported for likely greater output AND you wouldn't be having sub access issues.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.