Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

In need of an explanation


warhead052

Recommended Posts

Posted

No clue yet. Honestly I'm still trying to learn about boxes and ports. Which would be better for sq and spl? I know aero ports can pretty much be made from PVC pipe, heat it up a bit and flare it for better sound travel, but I have no clue when it comes to the performance of it.

Posted

Subs and port forward sealed off if trying to make the most of a trunk build, 12s instead of 10s since there's the space.

Posted

Just took the box dimensions, 32Wx11.75hx14.25d for a total of 3.1cubes. Port is 11.5" deep, 3" wide and 10.625" tall

Joe,
I was thinking about 12's but right now finances are tight, so I wanna stick with the 10's until I have enough to start upgrading as well as paying bills.

Posted

How did you wire the subs? Series or parallel?

These subs have an Fs = 35Hz with very little xmax. Playing decaf at 25Hz is probably not suited for these subs, you should not play frequencies below the Fs and expect it to sound awesome.

These aren't the most robust subs out there, so you should temper your expectations.

Posted

Parallel @ 2ohms, its two 4 ohm subs. And I don't play decaf at all, I only played it that one time just to see what it would do. Learning the limits of my gear. I'm just trying to get the best I can out of what I have for now. The current set up already creates alot of pressure, enough to flex the front windows and it broke some plastic in my passenger mirror. I have videos, just need to figure out how to upload em here.

Posted

subs actually are 32fs. but I noticed you dimensions only add to 2.38 cubes without port displacement nor sub if my calcs are correct

08 Ford F150

Posted

I built a enclosure for a P2 not long ago and it does very well and plays flat. Course that varies vehicle to vehicle, this one was in a 01 blazer, sub up port back, slot port, 26 sq in of port, 34 hz tuning, 1.60 cu ft net. When I was testing it, I played it on a R500X1D (birthsheet 637 rms) for a week, hour each day commute from and to work and it sounded great and output was surprising. It's currently on a P300-1 but it fills the frequency spectrum pretty well, love it. Maybe 3.2 net, 34 hz, and 52 sq in of port will work. I'll model it and see what it looks like, but we're talking about two different vehicles here.

Posted

Just took the box dimensions, 32Wx11.75hx14.25d for a total of 3.1cubes. Port is 11.5" deep, 3" wide and 10.625" tall

Joe,

I was thinking about 12's but right now finances are tight, so I wanna stick with the 10's until I have enough to start upgrading as well as paying bills.

Well I ran your numbers above just assuming a center port like shown in your avatar (please verify everything below is alright), it looks like a small box tuned really high, besides, each driver is seeing less than 300W. Sure all your measurements are correct?

Fb = 50.559 Hz

Vb = 1.844 ft^3

Vb Per Driver = 0.922 ft^3

Port Area Per Driver = 15.375 in^2

External Height = 11.75 in

External Width = 32 in

External Depth = 14.25 in

Wood Thickness = 0.75 in

Port Width = 3 in

Port Height = 10.25 in

Port Center Line Length = 11.5 in

Posted

Everything looks about right, it's just a prefab that I've been using, nothing special. I've been researching aero ports a little bit, is there any difference spl wise using them? Say I used the same box size but with 2 4" diameter by 11.25" aero's, would I notice any performance increase?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4682 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...