Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Good morning guys, here the pics Rolex requested. The clearance is pretty good. The enclosure dimensions are 39" Length, 19.5" width, and 8" height.

Raises JUST past the back of the seat.

Here is the right side. I tried to lower the camera to the point of being flush.

IMAG0783_zps4727d227.jpg

Here is a pic of the front clearance. 7.5" from enclosure to glass.

d2c46272-be1d-4792-81e7-47eb203d48e2_zps

Here is the rear clearance. I placed a 3/4" piece of wood. I believe there is still about another 1/4" to go before it hits the hatch plastic trim piece. But some trimming with a angle grinder woul have to be done was you approach the sides since the trim panel contour dips.

IMAG0785_zpsc874bbd3.jpg

Now yesterday, as stated I went shopping....pawn shopping! And as I was about to leave, I looked at the amp "stack" again, just to be completely sure that I did not miss anything. I drove 1.5hrs to St Pete,FL from Tampa,FL!

"HOLY SH*T, it that what I think it is???" The shape was distinctive, and the color was even worse (or even better) that I had to find out what size it was. The pawn shop guy smiled as my face lit up, and my eyes almost bugged out of my head. He wiggled the amp out from the other 5 amps that was on top of it. "Careful!!!! Careful!!!! Careful!!!!" I was able to talk him down to $107 out the door.

Look for yourself. I always wanted "An Old School Amp Rack". I've decided...these are the amps I am going to use.....Period!

Meet Lanzar OptiDrive 50C an OptiDrive 2100, circa 1994-95 era!

She's missing the Lanzar emblem, but who cares. Not that noticeable.

IMAG0789_zpscb2cac05.jpg

"The Amp Rack!"

IMAG0792_zps9645d1c1.jpg

Guess I will be redoing the box! I have no choice!

-Frank

Yeah, it was a nice find.

The 50C ran me $160.00, the 6 month pawn shop warranty is going to expire soon, so I will have to pay another $16 to insure it for 6 months.

I purchased the 50C while my gf, her daughter and I were spending the day in Orlando,FL a few months back.

The 2100 ran me $107.

They don't make them like they used to anymore!

$267 invested in these.

-Fank

I make 17 an hour, with a house loan and a new car loan....no schooling after high school. Some of my friends just finished college 6years later and 80,000 in student loans making 21 an hr. Living in a rented place driving beater vehicles because they can't afford anything cuz of student loans. In that 6 years I started at 12 an hr worked my way up...17 an hr with no debt is better then making 20 an hr cuz you went to college but up to your neck in debt for the next 10 years. I'll have my house about paid for by the time they just finishing student loan payments and just starting a house payment. No thanks! I'm glad I didn't do college.

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

The ceiling for college graduates is a great deal higher than non college graduates. Majority of people that don't graduate from higher education develop a trade while college graduates develop a career. Huge difference in potential lifetime earnings. College debt is just part of the trade off. I worked hard enough to graduate from a great university and landed in a very good career. My debt is minimal because I took advantage of AP credits, test out classes, not retaking classes, and working all through college. My parents never gave me an option to do anything else. I always wanted to take auto body and welding in high school because I love working with my hands but my mother made me take business and computer science based classes. When I look back, I'm glad she did. There are plenty of successful people that never went on to higher education but the percentages are against you. I'm not a huge fan of what I do but I'm a huge fan of the money I make as well as my lifetimes earning potential. When the time comes, my children's only option will be college.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

I can't wait to bust my ass doing manual labor for 50 years said no one ever. You go ahead and pipeline and live the life that leads. I'll sit here with my feet on my desk. Just because someone is successful without one doesn't mean everyone will be so why not give i ourself the best chance. Ive made it to 100k a year without a degree. I'm in school now for one so I can make it to 200k. I'll never progress if I don't have those pieces of paper. You may not realize it now but a college degree can only help

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If I don't get my B.S. in Electrical Engineering then I can't take the professional engineering exam to practice engineering.

Depending on what I want to do after that I may have to stay in to get my M.S. and Ph.D.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

To bring you guys up to speed on the things happening at home with his new job and school. My gf and I are not seeing eye to eye about what he should do. She is upset that i will not speed up the build (the front suspension, and find the electric fan issue) to get the car on the road sooner.

Lisa: "He needs a vehicle to get to work"

Me: "The car is not done yet, I need another grand to finish it. But if he is not enrolled in school I will not give him shit. If I give him the vehicle now, he will work, and fix this new truck that he traded for (a 1998 Ram 1500 extended cab with a blown motor) and give me some excuse not to go to school, and hand me back the keys. He's a skeemer! He will take the easy way out to get back on the road. He needs to hit rock bottom, sit there, and think of his current situation".

Lisa:"But he needs a car, he's suffered enough". (Are you kidding me. His car blow up just after the holidays.)

Me: "Than you buy him a vehicle". (Financially she can't right now)

Yesterday, he was supposed to go to the community college but instead cashed his income tax check and went to buy tools for his new job. That obviously is his priority.

And to top things off, he "borrowed her vehicle to run to the store to re-instate his phone", but came back 7 hrs later. His excuse "We'll you were sick, and you're not using the vehicle anyway, and if you needed a vehicle you have her's ( his sister's).

Ok, what ever happen to "asking permission to keep the car longer??"

I think him moving back in to her place was not the right thing to do. He is there so she can drop him off at work and pick him up when he gets off of work. Works out great, but he has no respect for his mother -- taking her car, not cleaning up after himself. and that makes me upset. Once you move out, and come back.....things are never the same. Now it's an option, not a legal responsibility to offer him shelter. I am this close to having a man to man, and it's not going to be pretty.

I told her "Seeing how he treats people, and his priorities, offering him my car ,will create more problems than it may solve".

So my gf and I are fighting.

So this build is therapeutic for me because it brings me back to my H.S. days of "Hot Rods and Stereo Day Dreaming". The goal was to offer his one less worry that vehicles bring, but instead it's causing problems.

Where would she and her son be if I were not in the picture, not dating her? Having an available car...in the mix... makes for sticky situation. It's like being on a deserted island.. and having a cooler full of steaks, but not wanting to share....and that's all the food you have.... the natives are getting restless. Get what I'm saying??

"I hold the key to solve alot of problems for the parties involved,....but I'm sticking to my guns on this one".

On, that note, since people are bringing up college again....my "Profession" has paid me dividends that I am now benifiting from 19 yrs later.

Sorry for the rant, but this situation sucks!

-Frank

I put up the original rear seats on CL for $25.00 but people want ME to drive out to Plant City or Bradenton, both about 40 mi. away. For what? $25. No freakin' way!

lol. Man people on CL are crazy.

So I have an idea and I will try to find pics because I recall seeing thinks like this when I was in H.S.

Custom amp rack.......in the seat! Not sure if facing the front or the car, or building the amp rack on the back side of the seat. Hmmmm.

5f25c547-b5bf-41f8-bed2-416783e2a774_zps

-Frank

To bring you guys up to speed on the things happening at home with his new job and school. My gf and I are not seeing eye to eye about what he should do. She is upset that i will not speed up the build (the front suspension, and find the electric fan issue) to get the car on the road sooner.

Lisa: "He needs a vehicle to get to work"

Me: "The car is not done yet, I need another grand to finish it. But if he is not enrolled in school I will not give him shit. If I give him the vehicle now, he will work, and fix this new truck that he traded for (a 1998 Ram 1500 extended cab with a blown motor) and give me some excuse not to go to school, and hand me back the keys. He's a skeemer! He will take the easy way out to get back on the road. He needs to hit rock bottom, sit there, and think of his current situation".

Lisa:"But he needs a car, he's suffered enough". (Are you kidding me. His car blow up just after the holidays.)

Me: "Than you buy him a vehicle". (Financially she can't right now)

Yesterday, he was supposed to go to the community college but instead cashed his income tax check and went to buy tools for his new job. That obviously is his priority.

And to top things off, he "borrowed her vehicle to run to the store to re-instate his phone", but came back 7 hrs later. His excuse "We'll you were sick, and you're not using the vehicle anyway, and if you needed a vehicle you have her's ( his sister's).

Ok, what ever happen to "asking permission to keep the car longer??"

I think him moving back in to her place was not the right thing to do. He is there so she can drop him off at work and pick him up when he gets off of work. Works out great, but he has no respect for his mother -- taking her car, not cleaning up after himself. and that makes me upset. Once you move out, and come back.....things are never the same. Now it's an option, not a legal responsibility to offer him shelter. I am this close to having a man to man, and it's not going to be pretty.

I told her "Seeing how he treats people, and his priorities, offering him my car ,will create more problems than it may solve".

So my gf and I are fighting.

So this build is therapeutic for me because it brings me back to my H.S. days of "Hot Rods and Stereo Day Dreaming". The goal was to offer his one less worry that vehicles bring, but instead it's causing problems.

Where would she and her son be if I were not in the picture, not dating her? Having an available car...in the mix... makes for sticky situation. It's like being on a deserted island.. and having a cooler full of steaks, but not wanting to share....and that's all the food you have.... the natives are getting restless. Get what I'm saying??

"I hold the key to solve alot of problems for the parties involved,....but I'm sticking to my guns on this one".

On, that note, since people are bringing up college again....my "Profession" has paid me dividends that I am now benifiting from 19 yrs later.

Sorry for the rant, but this situation sucks!

-Frank

you kind of helped me realize some inner family troubles i have (I'm still a youngin. 18) I think this build is really cool, for my next car i want to take a non rusted junker (like blown engine ordeal) and swap it out, so i appreciate people who fix what is bad instead of just replacing them. In the end those are the best types of people.

Archived