Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Tweet pods looking good so far. Let me know if you need help getting stuff or time on a meter

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

nice work. looking good. i like how you tested positions for the tweet

"Tape.....on the tape" lol. That was the secret!!! I was getting sooooooo pissed off that the tweet kept falling. Must be the adhesive, and surface tension, and the weight of the tweet, but tape on tape.....and the sh!t sticks. Weird!!

-Frank

3 days of working in the ER completed. Now back to the car.

Woke up this afternoon and laid down 2 layers of chop mat.

Outside temp 52 temp, inside temp 74 degrees, so I had to do it in the kitchen.

tweeterpods002_zps05bc6cbb.jpg

tweeterpods003_zps8e3de631.jpg

Man, 52 degrees isn't cutting it, so after this pic was taken, into the Master bedroom bathroom they went with the vent on.

tweeterpods004_zps658a80e4.jpg

The house stinks, but I should be able to start sanding in the next hour.

-Frank

Should have bought some sunflash resin from steve.

it's not often it gets that cold down here lol

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Yeah I know....on both counts!

The glass dried fast in the bathroom. May need to do that with all my projects til the weather gets warmer, than back in the garage to glass things!

tweeterpods006_zpsef514323.jpg

tweeterpods007_zps63465e51.jpg

tweeterpods008_zps59a5dc69.jpg

tweeterpods009_zps60c0c3b5.jpg

The hard part of seeing if things are angled properly with a camera can be difficult because if you're off center...than the angles look wrong. but if you look at the next pic. They appears nice and equal.

tweeterpods005_zps3ed3ccf0.jpg

Definitely equal in height and angle. tweeterpods010_zps10d0db74.jpg

Tomorrow I grind and add filler to contour. The house no longer smells. Helps to open windows. High is gone as well.

Instead of vinyl wrap, I may do stretchy black cloth like the european pillars,...well VW and Audi at least. lol.

-Frank

Looking good Frank!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 months later...

Since the Jimmy is done...for now and the intake gasket was a success. I can now work on the Camaro.

I noticed the Camaro started to overheat badly last month while driving it around the neighborhood. I removed the oil cap to find

that milky residue that indicates a coolant leak.

So...............I researched the internet and the 3800 V6 is notorious for leaking manifolds and warped intakes...so 6hr spent removing the intake manifold.

This weekend I will remove the cylinder heads as well. Pricing out a valve job as well.

*Note the broken aluminum piece connected to the water pump, that was part of the belt tensioner piece. Must have been the original. Oh well, add it to the list of things to replace.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20082_zpsxoid

As I get to pull things apart I see my first common leak between the upper and lower intake.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20069_zps7ytv

Removing all the bolts only shows me how bad this motor is on the inside. Ok, I bought a lemon..let's make Lemonade and learn!

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20089_zpsuyxf

Everything cleaned up.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20091_zpsfopp

Now to look at the failure points of the side gaskets due to the plastic material used and the heat cycles. I'll again be buying the Fel-Pro stuff.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20095_zps6oug

Pass side. Tear.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20097_zpseemq

Driver's side. Complete separation of the body and rubber grommet.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20098_zpsmudq

Next, no matter what side of the counter I put the intake on, you could tell it was WARPED. Light test repeated all over my kitchen counter with the same results.

camaroheadgasketamprfhx215%20106_zpsrgz9

Time to go to the machine shop to have this intake milled.

-Frank

Archived