d-nice88 Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 So im trying to find a pair of 15 " speakers around 250 to 300 a piece. I want a woofer thats gona get me that chest pound that im looking for I have a custom built slot ported box tuned to around 32 hertz I have some re audio se-x 15's right now but there only 600 watts rms and I wanted to step up to 1000 watts rms a piece any suggestions ? I was looking at the psi platform 1's re sxx and soundqubed hdc 3 15 dont know what I should get
OrionStang Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 Just pick something and try it. You can always sell or trade subs and try as many as you need to until you find what you like. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Miguels Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 you wont notice any difference going from 600 to 1000 watts you want that chest pumping bass get subs that are rated 2500+ watts each my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 He would notice a difference going from two subs at 1200 rms to two subs at 2000+rms. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Miguels Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 only 800 watts.. . if he does it wont be that chest pumping bass he is looking for i dont notice a difference in my brothers ride.. his old gear was a Re xxx on a re xtx 5000.1 that the most maybe did 2000 rms.. now he has a SP4 on a bc 3500. i notice no difference but the burning coil smell on the xxx my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
d-nice88 Posted January 19, 2015 Author Report Posted January 19, 2015 Any suggestions tho? And im sure I would def know a diff between 1200 watts and 2000 hell I knew the diff when I switched from 800 watts to 1200 watts
Miguels Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 Any suggestions tho? And im sure I would def know a diff between 1200 watts and 2000 hell I knew the diff when I switched from 800 watts to 1200 watts you want chest pumping bass. go for cone area and lots of power.. my brother has 3500 watts and honestly its not loud.. even my mayhems on the dc5k isnt chest pumping loud edit: must be because im already used to it so that is a big difference there.. for me to think a car is loud it has to be in the 152+ some people on here can take even more and might think 152 isn't loud my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 Loud is a relative term. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
d-nice88 Posted January 19, 2015 Author Report Posted January 19, 2015 Well geez louiezz guess im just gona have to just see for my self. Im gona try and face the subs to the inside of my ride behind the back seats and see how it sounds
BigManAC Posted January 19, 2015 Report Posted January 19, 2015 If you find a sub and dont want to buy it new just look around on craigslist or on forums to see if you can find them there 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.