Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 18" Level 3's in a bandpass box in an 2008 accord.


Tulsajj

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I suppose if you want to chop your car up you could gain some space.

me personally I wouldn't go that far, if i needed more space I'd buy a bigger vehicle.

Still doesn't solve where he'd put Batts and amps, he already said he can't give up cabin space.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Since when do you need batts for lvl3s. We are talking about a 600 or something close to that rms sub

So 1200 rms

You need batteries for that

To me you MIGHT need a extra rear battery if you uses a 2000 rms amp. I would t even use a Extra battery if I had a 2000 watt amp just get a h/o alt and a good batt up front

I'd do that all the way up to 3500 rms

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Posted

lvl 3s are 1k RMS. so 2k rms

Will said if you can squeeze 16 cubes.

just saying 14 <> 16

Doesn't sound like OP is willing to cut up his car. and that is 14 without wood, speakers, and amp.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

I have removed all the molded carpet, spare tire and floor. I'm going to take my time on this build and work on it whenever I have time. First I'm going to see what my maximum space is before I commit to anything. I'm planning on building the box in two sections (Port, Sealed) and combining the two in the car. I may build two different sealed boxes, one for the two 18" DC's and one for the two SA 12's if the DC's don't work out and keep the port configuration.

Posted

I'm no box guru. But if you have a total of 16 to play with.

Even at a 1-1 ratio. Sub track port. It just seems wicked small to me for 18's

Just me. Do a log if you go for it. And I wish ya luck.

12 ported 4 sealed honestly thats what i would do on any 2 dc 18's in a 4th order
What size and length of port ?
Why don't you just hire him to build it, he's not going to give you everything you need

And to me. He is probably the only person I would trust on this forum to put 2 18s in a trunk and have it look decent or amazing (depending on how much u spend ) and sound good

Well him and bill come as a team....normally. Well u buy bill and get will. Lol that sounds funny

It's not for me but this post has dc audio isn't Will part of Dc audio ?

So if Will is part of Dc audio does it not help Dc audio by helping people who have bought Dc products ? If Will is not part of Dc audio then fine .

Thanks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 624 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...