Sundown Audio

Wiring a hifonics Brutus brx2000.1D at .5 ohms

Cggleghorn

so you never planned on running it at .5?

I believe he asked if it was possible and or a good idea and what might happen if he does.

What's wrong with asking?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

good luck with your not cheap, but still cheap amp. take the advice of people you asked advice from and don't wire it to .5

Didn't plan on it. Never wanted an account on here because of how snotty every single person is with everyone else's shit, if someone asks a question because they don't know that's what the forums for to answer the question not to critique everyones stuff. All of you talk like the only right system is your own and that You're always right. I didn't ask if I should swap my alternator or if I should get a different amp I asked about the impedance of one amplifier

not everyone is snotty.. shit if the Brutus amp makes you happy run it.. i just wouldnt recommend it at .5.. other amps maybe specially with the alt you are getting

thats what i think, you dont need to drop 1600 bucks on a amp, i suppose you just have to get a feel for the site and push though the haters.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

never heard recalls on alternators that give out.. only recalls they make are the ones that can cause an accidents and possible death.. alternators give out sooner or later. they wont do a recall for that unless it causes a fire. something doesnt add up here

Call me wrong on a car I've spend hundreds of hours researching and personally working on... Look it up 2013 Dodge Challenger alternator recall. The alternator gives out at any moment (like I said before) and shuts off power steering, engine and abs

lol what im about to say has nothing to do with you.. but how stupid could one be to run with a dead alternator till the battery drains? arent people looking at gauges to make sure things are working properly?

never heard recalls on alternators that give out.. only recalls they make are the ones that can cause an accidents and possible death.. alternators give out sooner or later. they wont do a recall for that unless it causes a fire. something doesnt add up here

Call me wrong on a car I've spend hundreds of hours researching and personally working on... Look it up 2013 Dodge Challenger alternator recall. The alternator gives out at any moment (like I said before) and shuts off power steering, engine and abs

lol what im about to say has nothing to do with you.. but how stupid could one be to run with a dead alternator till the battery drains? arent people looking at gauges to make sure things are working properly?

For one the alternator didn't wear down over time it just gives out eventually and dodge has to fix the part inside that causes it. Second off my car doesn't have a battery gauge, it has a setting that I can tap into the system to display it but not full time. There's no issue with the battery either. I got in the car while it was off and it didn't start

if the alternator dies the car wont stall.. it keeps running off the battery till its dead then it stalls.. that is dangerous . i would add a gauge you can look at 24/7... maybe Chrysler should add the voltage gauge as part of the recall

if the alternator dies the car wont stall.. it keeps running off the battery till its dead then it stalls.. that is dangerous . i would add a gauge you can look at 24/7... maybe Chrysler should add the voltage gauge as part of the recall

When I install the high output alternator I won't have the fear of the battery dropping, I'll watch the battery level for a while until I'm sure there's no problems with the setup but the car was dead when I got back in the car after it being off for 20 minutes after working completely fine

Archived