Sundown Audio

Ma Audio Hk-802sx

Guest Powered By Hate

Guest Powered By Hate

Good buy? Cause.. I put one on layaway about two months ago and picked it up last week.. 4400 watts can be modified to 8800 from what I hear. Anyone know?

8800w from that... whoever told you that is surely TRIPPING.

Sorry to be a cunts but they don't make anything near rated power. If you were running 18v then mayyybe you would be touching 4000w.

If you want 20k into one sub (as per your other thread) then you're going to have some issues :)

You can't have any more than 8 monoblocks pushing a sub, at present.

You can have a maximum of 4 of these amps on 1 sub (1 bridged per coil) so you're talking 16kw absolute maximum.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Guest Powered By Hate

Good buy? Cause.. I put one on layaway about two months ago and picked it up last week.. 4400 watts can be modified to 8800 from what I hear. Anyone know?

Well fuck... I feel cheated. I think I'm gonna return that shit. Get my loot back.. Any suggestions for a replacement? Thats reasonable... not a $10k amp, like $1.5k..

The 4400 was strappable and did it's power at 18v Anything other then that was just a power hog.

Your going to have an up hill battle with getting 20k going in any car.

like I said before, I have 10k in power that I've had a whopping 5 min on before I had issues. It's not something you can slap into a car and expect to work. I've spent a LONG time working on the plans for my system and even LONGER getting the scribble to do it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I had both the HK-802SX and the HK4000D I had one of them pushing my 15" MTX 5500's for 3 months and they are rated at 300 rms each so either MTX underrates their subs or the amp is underrated. They also get very hot easily. I couldn't play them for longer then 20 minutes in the summer. Oh also I had the HK-802SX on a pair of 12" L7s, it pushed them decently but sounded like $hit.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Guest Powered By Hate

The 4400 was strappable and did it's power at 18v Anything other then that was just a power hog.

Your going to have an up hill battle with getting 20k going in any car.

like I said before, I have 10k in power that I've had a whopping 5 min on before I had issues. It's not something you can slap into a car and expect to work. I've spent a LONG time working on the plans for my system and even LONGER getting the scribble to do it.

I want it to sound like shit. all its gonna do it burp, scare children, and piss off old people. Well I got free labor on my side from a well qualifed person. He put 20k into an explorer on hydro's with two atomic 18's.. it didnt happen overnight but it was accomplished and worked until the truck was crashed..

4 T40001BD's might be touching close to 20kwrms... A good bet might be 4 Stetsom 7kd's as well.

Both of those amps will make close to 5000w @ 1 ohm @ 14.4v

Having the voltage is only half the battle...

Voltage is cheap to get in a way.

Its the amperage that is needed and gets expensive. High output alternators, many huge batteries, multiple runs of wire.

Having the voltage is only half the battle...

Voltage is cheap to get in a way.

Its the amperage that is needed and gets expensive. High output alternators, many huge batteries, multiple runs of wire.

If he just wants to burp it for a few seconds at a time he'll get away with 4-5 BIG batteries and a bit of 0ga thrown around. No need for big alts if it's just a fart-box.

I can pull about 4000w off a single Yellowtop.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived