Sundown Audio

Ma Audio Hk-802sx

Guest Powered By Hate

Either way, you need amps to power the amp. If you dont have the needed amperage you might as well plan on frying your amps.

Even for burping your system you will see many batteries for 8000 watt systems. Im assuming 8000 watts since this guy was planning on modding his amp to do that kind of power (which it will never do unless lightning strikes it).

For big batteries plan on spending $200.00 + per battery depending on what you buy. Optima batteries are clearly not big.

I seen someone mention 20,000 watts. Dont remember who, but meade for example is running 20K + watts, and has 7 powermaster d3100s ($300 each) and 4 300 amp alts. You dont really need that many alts unless your planning on demoing your stereo for long periods of times, like meade does :)

But you got to figure, each battery will take 10 amps to charge, ( 4 or 5 batteries = 40 to 50 amps just to keep your batteries charged), not to mention any accessories used by the vehicle.

I watched my big amp drain two d3100s, and a red top with a 300 amp alt with adjustable voltage in under a minute, my amp was not even close to putting out full power at the time.

Bottom line is you need power to make power. ;)

This was broken down for me by a guy from RF. I have no reason to doubt his knowledge.

- Your amps are obviously unregulated as they can produce more power with higher input voltage . . . maybe T3ks?

- What topology are they? (Class D?, bd?, A/B?) OR, what are their efficiency ratings?

- How much current at 14.4 volts are you paying Dom for?

Some simple math with your 3,000 watt Class D example at 14.4 VDC on sine waves would be:

3,000 / .75 = 4,000 watts Input required x 2 = 8,000 watts input

8,000 / 14.4 = 555 amps of current

Let's say your amps require 17 feet of power wire between them and the batteries and another 5 foot between them and the frame (chassis won't cut it here) for their grounds. To get 555 amps of current to your amps at 14.4 VDC, you'd need:

Big Wire:

- 1/0 AWG wire has .0001 ohms resistance per foot - 22 foot of it will have .0022 ohms of total resistance

- 555 amps through 22 foot of 1/0 . . . 555 x .0022 = 1.22 Volts drop in the cable alone

- 4 runs of 1/0 AWG . . . 555 x .00055 = .30 Volts drop in the wire - mo' better

BEEFY Alts:

- 300 amps at 14.7 volts . . . remember, we lost 3 tenths of a volt in our four runs of 1/0 AWG . . .

- 2 required

Now, if we add batteries, these need 7 to 10 amps of current each to allow charge to flow into them . . . I'm not seeing the benefit with the car running. But, if you wanted to jam this system with the key off then you'd need 'em for sure. Look at the AH rating on the battery you're shopping for. On music, these two amps would require roughly half of the current they require on sines . . . let's say these batteries had a 65 AH rating.

555 / 2 = 277.5 Amps

277.5 Amps / 65 AH = 4.3

So, you'd need 4 to 5 batteries to play this system wide open on music for ONE hour. After one hour, nominal battery voltage would be somewhere around 10.5 to 11 VDC.

And . . . these 4 batteries would require 40 amps of current to allow them to be charged with the vehicle running . . . better get Dom to up those alts to 350 amp models . . .

wow snafu = beast? lol hes very intelligent.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Either way, you need amps to power the amp. If you dont have the needed amperage you might as well plan on frying your amps.

Bottom line is you need power to make power. ;)

This is true, but if it's _only_ to burp you don't need shit.

I don't know how you do SPL over there but we have people here in Street classes burping 6-7000w off a single Exide Orbital (Yellowtop clone)

Even a shitty car battery will do 500CCA = 4000w as long as it's only burps.

My new battery will push 10kw++ for a burp and they sell for $270US... 2 of them (3 for extra overkill) and he's got the power for a 20kw burp.

And you don't need alts to burp ;/

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

if your a serious competitor or even semi serious your going to have a few batteries.

Its not worth spending mad cash on enough amps to do 20+ thousand watts and not spend the money to back them with juice.

Its simply the more juice you give your amps for the burp, the louder you will be.

Weather it be a bank of batteries or just a single huge battery like a dd B2750, cactus sounds 9000, Dc sounds LFB-40K, or a xstatic batcap.

Im going by this from experience, the is nothing worse then hearing your $2400 amps fail from running out of juice.

But not my problem, ill be sure to laugh tho when the amps go up in smoke!! :wacko:

• 2 years later...

I got a 4400 ma audio amp I need it to 1ohm need help

Holy thread dig, batman.

Wire it down to 1 ohms and thrash the tits off it. When it explodes, no great loss to the world. They're pretty horrid amplifiers.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived