HU has single RCA sub output.....

So I was getting ready to run my RCAs and pulled the HU out (was installed when I bought the truck) and found that the HU only has one RCA sub output......

Can I just run a y-splitter into the normal RCAs?

Will this decrease any sound quality, etc.?

I have been tempted to get a nice Kenwood double din.....I guess I could justify getting it if using the y-split is not optimal.... :pardon:

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Low end JVC double din....I was originally planning on swapping it out but I realized it had 4v output so I figured I'd just run it for now.....

I do like the idea of getting a new double din...

But, still want to know if I'd be ok running the splitter from the HU to the dual RCAs???

I have so much other stuff to get done to get this thing playing, I'd rather wait to wire up a new HU.....just one more thing that would be added to the list.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Just my opinion... i would want a good head unit upfront to run all that really nice gear you got in the back. i would like to see a legit answer to your question also, but i aint the one to give it.

I had a JVC double din(not low end) and it had a single sub out as well. I got a Y splitter like this:

30r4-03200.jpg

In all honesty, it's for a sub out and you only ACTUALLY need one. Sub stage is mono and you only need to plug one RCA to resist the signal from the HU to the sub amp.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived