Front stage: am I doing it right?

akaak

Either you use the output on your amp if it has one or rca splitters.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Nope...

I agree ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ok. So is it kind of like strapping amps? Wouldn't an rca splitter weaken my signal? I don't want to go that route if it does.

Not strapping at all, unless your signal is really weak to start with splitting it is no problem.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok. So is it kind of like strapping amps? Wouldn't an rca splitter weaken my signal? I don't want to go that route if it does.

Not strapping at all, unless your signal is really weak to start with splitting it is no problem.

What if you split a two channel 4 volt signal into 6 channels? Need a line driver you think?

Alright so I've come to the realization that putting 16 speakers on a 4 channel am ppl is just stupid especially if I can't even power 1/4 of their potential. Instead I'm going to get 4 8"s, 2 on each rear channel wired to 2 ohms. And 4 supertweeters, 2 on each front channel wired to 4 ohms. Now what I'm trying to figure out is that since I'm going to be saving a lot more money than I planned, what if I got the neo versions of prv's 8" pro audio speaker. They cost about 4x as much. They're 250 rms and their frequency range is 100hz-9khz. The regular 8" pro audio speaker is 225 rms (not much different) but its frequency range is 72hz-4khz. Is it really worth the extra money to get the neo versions? And if it is, would I need tweeters if they can play 5khz-9khz?

Save your money buy the cheaper ones and yes you would still need tweeters.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

this thread hurts my head a lot.

See what Kiril and Cablguy said.

EDIT: Because I was a dick before I am going to rewrite this.

I have no idea what you need really because I don't know you or the type of music you like. I would guess that what you are going for is overkill from what you have said. Pro audio drivers are a lot different then normal woofers that are pretty inefficient.

A compression driver can put out 100-110dB at 1 meter at 1 watt. You're going to be like 6-8 inches away from that bitch.

• Speaker sensitivity is measured in decibels per 1 watt per 1 meter, but is usually referred to as just decibels [source: JBL]. This is despite the fact that a decibel is really a mathematical unit used in the expression of different ratios concerning sound [source: University New South Wales].

Start off with a simple setup and work your way up. Most people throw drivers to up their output. Better QUALITY drivers would be more worthwhile. If you want more mid-bass look at a 6-8" woofer that is both decently efficient and has some xmax. I would also not put so many drivers in parallel like that. (thats a guess but I wouldn't run that many drivers down to 2 ohms and expect decent sound quality or reliability) Run a couple good quality drivers and make sure they are getting clean power and you should be fine.

Also you may want to look at a three way setup. My issue has always been mid-bass punch. Its hard to get the correct amount of fill because your tweeters and subs drown it out a bit. But with the right tuning that should take care of a lot of that issue and make sure you have a properly sized kickpod or enclosure for the driver you are putting in there.

Archived