Front stage: am I doing it right?

akaak

Need and want are two different things.

He wants to do it help him do it properly no reason to bash him.

I bet if you look at the build logs on here you'll see many people's builds have more than two mid's and one tweet per door.

If Meade built doors with 10 mid's and 6 tweets per door you guys would be riding his sack and saying how cool it is.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

People come on here asking for help. We try and steer people in the correct direction ... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But I refuse to help someone setup something that I know is wrong and try to get them make things work. Because if I give the wrong information to fix something I know isn't correct, it will make me look bad when giving advise in the future.

Most well built 3 way component setups have no problems with 150 db capable bass setups. I plan to prove this theory with the White Lightning restoration ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Crescendo 1100/4 not all that . The have build issues.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Need and want are two different things.

He wants to do it help him do it properly no reason to bash him.

I bet if you look at the build logs on here you'll see many people's builds have more than two mid's and one tweet per door.

If Meade built doors with 10 mid's and 6 tweets per door you guys would be riding his sack and saying how cool it is.

Well I get what you're saying and edited my comment a bit. Just because people throw a ton of mids and tweets in their build doesn't mean its the right thing to do. Not saying you can't I just think a lot of times its overkill and REALLY hard to tune unless you really know what you are doing. I would say its more trouble then its worth, spend the money on a better driver.

If Meade was doing that I would say the same thing, I think its a little ridiculous. Every time I see a car or truck with 8 compression tweeters/super bullets in it I just sit there and think to myself what the hell are you doing. Price's ride is like that, theres like 5 of them in each door....its loud but not really my thing. So personal preference at the end of the day. If it was me...no but hell no.

Not what I would do either but if he wants to do it we should help him out not tell him he's wrong.

The beauty of doing a build is that it's yours and you can do whatever you like whether or not everyone else agrees with it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

People come on here asking for help. We try and steer people in the correct direction ... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But I refuse to help someone setup something that I know is wrong and try to get them make things work. Because if I give the wrong information to fix something I know isn't correct, it will make me look bad when giving advise in the future.

Most well built 3 way component setups have no problems with 150 db capable bass setups. I plan to prove this theory with the White Lightning restoration ...

Some people just want to go big man that's all its about.

While it might not be your personal taste it is something many others do.

I would do some image dynamics horns and the biggest midbass you can fit. That's a 2 way that would get loud and sound amazing. Everything being equal, simple is always better.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Well wouldn't you know look at this and nobody hated on Steve or chicken for doing it.

I'm not bagging on his idea. Hell I've got 12 speakers for my new frontstage. If he had experience building a setup like this it would be a completely different conversation. I could make what he wants work but that's me. If he were building a car for street battle I say go for it but if all he really wants is greater dynamics and more output there is easier ways to go about it. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Well wouldn't you know look at this and nobody hated on Steve or chicken for doing it.

I would have. :D But I ain't keepin anyone for doing their thing everybody has a different style. But if someone is gonna ask I would personally say skip the 500 drivers in the door and go with a simple robust setup.

whatever thats apples and oranges, Meade is a professional with a shop, don't know the man but I think he knows what hes doing, its a different situation.

Archived