Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What is everyone using to screw subs in??


Pioneerchuck

Recommended Posts

Posted

#walledproblems

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

T-nuts, ain't nobody got time for that lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

I tried T Nuts in the past and they stripped the MDF, never thought about gluing them down or epoxy setting them. Never been a fan of them. I was hoping to find a 2" maybe even a 2.5" full threaded coarse thread screw. I like the idea of having thread all the way (stupid personal preference). Ive used the Spax #10 2.5" and I liked them but Ive heard some of the DC baskets have had a larger hole on the basket mounting surface in the past so Im worried about the head slipping through larger holes.

Posted

There is zero chance of me vertically mounting a team FI driver in a wall with a t nut. Its bad enough to have 87 lbs on your chest but trying to align a those stupid things and then screw them down

thats a big negative.

I use these with a cordless impact

20130625_175117_zps1058a17c.jpg

Would you recommend the star heads for extra protection then? I'm planning on using my impact driver but I have to mount these damn things in vertically (pretty much a "half wall") so it's not gonna be fun.....

*I already have the #10 Spax

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5004 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...