BigManAC Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Wasnt sure if this would go under the security section so ill just put it here. Anyway I was thinking about switching out the screws holding in my PWX's in the front with security screws. Does anybody know a site where I could get some from? Lowes said they carried some but I couldn't find them when I went. What do you think about this idea? 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
finkster Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 I don't know if I saw tamper proof screws at Lowes or Home Depot but Grainger sells them online and they have fast shipping. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
never knows best Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 amazon has just about every security screw you could imagine.... they also have the security bit set for every kind of security screw.... that being said, you are more likely to piss off a would be thief... at that point they more than likely will cause damage to the equipment and vehicle-
ALPINE408 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Just buy square head deck screws....n best security for the lowest cost no one carrys square head screw drivers on them..... Have you ever had your woofers blown?
BigManAC Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 Just buy square head deck screws....n best security for the lowest cost no one carrys square head screw drivers on them..... I was thinking about those but it seemed like someone would be able to back them out with a flathead if it fit right. Could that work or no? 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
BigManAC Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 I don't know if I saw tamper proof screws at Lowes or Home Depot but Grainger sells them online and they have fast shipping. Alright I'll look into them, thanks man. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
ALPINE408 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 That would have to be one small flat head then the screw head would just strip.... Plus deck screws are just awesome for wood work Have you ever had your woofers blown?
BigManAC Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 That would have to be one small flat head then the screw head would just strip.... Plus deck screws are just awesome for wood work Alright then I'll go that route. Thanks for the info. I'm sure those will be a lot cheaper than the security screws since I need 32 of them lol. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
dolarbilz Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 You can check McMaster Carr if like( expensive through them)..I can order through my work need get 100 PCs though.
dolarbilz Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 http://tamper-pruf-screws.com/ Where we order stuff not sure if sell direct
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.