Second Skin Audio

hdc3 true power handling

akaak

I can't see how 2 2200s strapped at 2 ohms which they make 4400 rms at, I'll even start clipping at 14.2. There's no way in hell I'm getting 153.8 DB on a termlab clamping only 1500 watts.

Yea no way! And no way you know what you are talking about. You asked a question. You got an answer. Now you are telling people who know that they are wrong. Coooolll

Sure you are right in thinking the amps make 4400 at 1 ohm in a perfect world. But there are unknown variables that you aren't accounting for that is giving you false confidence. We can teach you if you'd like. Or search for impede cd rise or box rise in this forum or others and Lear. Up on it. Also look up reactance. Inductive reactance to be specific.

153.8 with 2 15s has been done on 1500. Not impossible. You may have a good box and setup. But you aren't getting 4400 since your impedance will hardly if ever be 1 ohm (strapped 2 ohm)

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Find someone with an amm-1 if you don't believe what bump told you. I have the 2200 as well. I know I have never seen those full 2200w. I'm just to lazy to go play with my amm-1 to see what I'm actually getting lol.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

yea you are probably clamping 1500 rms if you are lucky. those subs like to be on at least a 2k amp a piece which means realistically you are seing maybe 750 ish to 1k per sub. thier rating of 1k is a little under. i bet you can feed them a clean 2k each and they would be fine for a while.

They finally upped the rating to 1500w. Which I would say is a good start for people who have no clue what they are doing.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Find someone with an amm-1 if you don't believe what bump told you. I have the 2200 as well. I know I have never seen those full 2200w. I'm just to lazy to go play with my amm-1 to see what I'm actually getting lol.

I just got my AMM-1 a few weeks ago. Been playing around with it. It amazing just low little power your amp is actually putting out compared to what you THINK it should be.

+1 to everything Bump4life said.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I have quite a bit of knowledge compared to most people but I know you guys know a lot more than me so the help is appreciated. I've done some research on impedance rise and the conclusion I've came to is not to worry about it in a musical application. I can believe I'm not clamping 4400 rms. But are u saying that my subs have never even see that kind of power? I'm on an extremely small budget compared to all the money I've already put into my car. Soundqubed has a trade in program. I'm thinking of trading in my copper dual 2's for copper dual 4's and wiring down to 1 ohm. Each amp will see .5. If I was to do this I'd add another battery to my bank. With my current set up though I could wire down to .5 each amp seeing .25. I kind of wanna try it out. I don't have another $300 for Another battery. Do u think its doable or am I asking for a smoke show?

These gives me memories of when I ran my hdc3 15 off a saz3500 @ .5ohm and there I was telling people my sub could handle close to 4000rms lol. After learning about impedence rise, clamping amps, and other stuff I found myself in the 1400-1800rms range on most frequencies. Then I also learnt music is even less dynamic compared to test tones so I was even running less than that. Car audio is some complicated shit man lol, but I'm glad I'm in it :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

I have quite a bit of knowledge compared to most people but I know you guys know a lot more than me so the help is appreciated. I've done some research on impedance rise and the conclusion I've came to is not to worry about it in a musical application. I can believe I'm not clamping 4400 rms. But are u saying that my subs have never even see that kind of power? I'm on an extremely small budget compared to all the money I've already put into my car. Soundqubed has a trade in program. I'm thinking of trading in my copper dual 2's for copper dual 4's and wiring down to 1 ohm. Each amp will see .5. If I was to do this I'd add another battery to my bank. With my current set up though I could wire down to .5 each amp seeing .25. I kind of wanna try it out. I don't have another $300 for Another battery. Do u think its doable or am I asking for a smoke show?

Yes its a fact that your subs have never seen that power unless your subs don't move at all when listening to music lol. Even a 1mm move of the cone will change your resistance.. Anyway on your smoke show question personally I think it will depend on how good your electrical will hold up on that power and also how well your gains are set. If I'm not mistaken clipping draws a lot more than clean signal, and a smoke show is easier to do with dirty signal lol.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

As of right now I have a 180 amp alternator, 1 xs d5100r under the hood and 2 xs xp3000's in the hatch. It's more than sufficient now and I'm sure if I added another battery I could make it so that each amp is seeing .5 without any issues. As far as wiring each amp to .25 right now, I don't know if I should. Maybe I will when I'm bored one day and just not let my voltage get under 13.

I can't see how 2 2200s strapped at 2 ohms which they make 4400 rms at, I'll even start clipping at 14.2. There's no way in hell I'm getting 153.8 DB on a termlab clamping only 1500 watts.

Thats about correct. Most of my woofers are near 150db 35hz 13.5v at the kick around 1600rms d2 12zv3, Coming from 1 Q1-3500. 152 with two 3500's on 1 nightshade d1 @ 2 ohm at 3300rms 4ohms 11.8v. 1500rms clamped is alot of power for daily situations.

I've tested a Soundqubed 2200 in a car rising from 1 to 1.3 ohms with an AMM-1. (very little rise, not typical of most installs) I could consistently burp around 1900 watts. Plenty of electrical for that amp.

I would say quite optimally you would see 3800 watts, but even that is unlikely.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived