knukoncepts Kolossus cable looks tiny

I got a knukonceptz 0 gauge kolossus flex wiring kit in today and it looks tiny to me. Looks like 4 gauge I might just be over reacting or something but I don't remember any other 0 gauge cables I've had being this small. Its smaller than a dime with insulation and all.

I feel like they sent me a mislabeled 4 gauge wire kit. Am I just trippen? Anyone have any comparison pics to ease my mind. I remember other 0 gauge cables being atleast the diameter of a dime and when I looked up the same cable on youtube it looked a lot bigger than the cable I have.

Knu was actually slightly larger than the SHCA I bought. OFC anyway. I prefer the SHCA, the Knu is kinda hard to fit into some terminals.

Do you have any comparison pics to anything you have laying around?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Well I took pics of it compared to my pinky finger and a couple pics with a dime for comparison. I couldn't figure out how to post the pics and my computer would freeze every time I clicked the image link when posting, so I gave up on that.

Its about the size of my pinky but I do have big ass fingers. Its a tiny bit smaller than a dime. Im over it already though I just got done installing it in my car and if the cable was any bigger it would have been hell running it.(It already was but would have been impossible if it was larger.)

I chose knu because:

1.Its supposed to be oversized.

2.I have heard nothing but positive things about knu cables. I have heard a lot of disappointing stuff about their terminals, distribution blocks, and other things, but never a bad review of the cables, RCAs, and speaker wire.

I guess im just used to seeing 0 gauge with excessive wire insulation. You can tell its a damn good quality and its very heavy compared to the cable im used to. I have no complaints about it but if the insulation was a little thicker to go with the high strand count that would be cool. All in all its a great product.

throw up some pics. if anything the first time you see KNU you should be like "wow, thats some thick ass wire" or "holy shit how am I going to cut that wire". What does it say on the wire itself? Should say 1/0 or 4ga or whatever. If you are having trouble getting it in a 1/0 terminal i dont see how its the size of a dime.

Pics would help, upload to a hosting site and post links here.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Im having trouble posting pics I tried using photobucket. Tried using the image link in the post. Tried a couple different methods. If you would like I can send the pics to you.

It is marked KNUKONCEPTZ KOLOSSUS FLEX 1/0 OFC or something like that it is marked 1/0. I'm thinking the size of a dime is about average for 0 gauge after watching a few vids on youtube. I also compared it to a 4awg cable and its way bigger. Im guessing it was just all in my head.

But yea if you want to post the pictures for me I can send them to you or not whichever.

Archived