Second Skin Audio

Center console ideas

Thumper350

There are a couple of people on here with center console builds. Here is just one: Goodvibez

I should be doing one soon in a 1500 with two 10's.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

10849750_10153423705664488_4503955842539

1459077_10153423707324488_88081408465449

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I believe it was a 4 door

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Thanks that gives me a good idea on where to start. just one more thing, I am planning to do a ported box and have the room to aim the port and sub in any direction, are there any parameters on the way to face the port and woofer, such as how far should the space from the bottom of the box to the floor be. Or is there anyway of knowing which way to aim either of the two. One back one down, both down, etc. or is it just trial and error.

depends how you build it.

subs up port forward seems to be popular for extended cabs and quad cabs, sub up with port up in rear seems good for single cab. Honestly i've never heard a console box though so I couldnt tell you which is best, though I have heard that subs down works well in extended/quad cab trucks.

If you fire either down you need about 1/3 to 1/2 of the diamter of the sub towards the floor of space. So a 10" sub would be about 2.5-4" off the floor optimally. Port would be based on its size as you are adding a common wall (its adding length to your port basically) by using the floor, though you could "forget" about that and just get free extra-low tuning frequency.. 2-3hz maybe I guess.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 5 months later...

center%20console1_zpsjm1eess1.jpg

center%20console2_zpse6y5frin.jpg

center%20console3_zpsqi8yo5yz.jpg

probably a bit late to this party, but if it can still help someone....lol

for 2 type r 10's, 1000 watts, 2.3 cubes, 23 square inches of port tuned to 34hz. needs more volume and port area, but with the space i had....sounds pretty decent. next one will be a solid 3 cubes with 14 sqin of port per sub....

in a 2006 2500hd extra cab.....

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived