Car Audio Gadget That Could Use Some Improvements

Alot of us probbly can't afford O-scopes.(I know if I had a grand I would choose an amp over the scope)

How about a little box that has 5 or 10 LEDs that can hook up to RCAs to find clipping. 5 green 1 yellow 2 orange 2 red (Red is a clipped signal)

Then build one that can go on the speaker outputs of large amps to find clipping.

Then offer a 3rd one that can be used with the RCAs and speaker terminal outputs.

There are 3 items to make money off of.

If it was good enough and the price was rite I would jump on one in a heart beat.

integrate!

and see if you could put it in a single dim, for easy integration!

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

integrate!

and see if you could put it in a single dim, for easy integration!

If it were to take up a single din I would probly add more to it. Maby a lil volt meter, so you see the clipping and your RMS voltage in the din.

Edited by Clif

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

• 2 weeks later...

MY distro block

th_DistroBlock.jpg

take this- and add two more displays! OHMS and Watts!!

-Drew

(forget if it was mentioned, but a clip light would be pretty sweet as well)

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I think trying to monitor ohms, wattage, voltage, and amperage from the driver seat will be quite a task, not to mention one hell of a data cable!

Id be so down to buy this if it ever gets made and what not, but I think there is going to be a crap load of work involved.

Your ohms always change no matter what ohm coils your sub is, your sub will never play at the ohm the coil is from what I know accept at max excursion I think it is?.

So with the ohms always changing your amp will always be producing a different amount of power, not to mention that the voltage will also change the wattage.

All those things pretty much play together, and Id think it be a cool and fun feature to watch from your seat if it can be done ;)

it would be cool if you ran each cable into the central unit (possibly behind the HU?) then the unit takes it all and produces whats on the display, even if its contently changing...

it really does sound hard- but thats what this thread is for!!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

well i think some of the ideas are great, but dont know how easy it would be to work it all into one unit...

but i would love to see a simple unit that displays Voltage , amp draw, and amp. temp so you can watch your amp without act, seeing it or touching it, youll know what voltage its geting how much its pulling and how hot or cool it is so youll know at all times if you need to let up off the vol knob to let the voltage build back up or the temp cool off some to play it safe... :rolleyes:

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets