Tips from the Junkyard- Cheap 0 gauge

...So I get it, its easier to buy new wire from SHCA or Knu. That thread was a cluster fuck of bullshit.

But if you have more time then money, ripping out 1/0 gauge welding cable in 10ft lengths from a car is not hard. And if you can buy for $1 a pop like I did...you end up with a $10 investment instead of a $200 investment for 100ft.

Its an option. Thats all I am saying.

It wasn't a shot at you it was a shot at Mr. High class fancy BMW wire.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

...So I get it, its easier to buy new wire from SHCA or Knu. That thread was a cluster fuck of bullshit.

But if you have more time then money, ripping out 1/0 gauge welding cable in 10ft lengths from a car is not hard. And if you can buy for $1 a pop like I did...you end up with a $10 investment instead of a $200 investment for 100ft.

It wasn't a shot at you it was a shot at Mr. High class fancy BMW wire.

Roger! :)

wish i drove a geo metro too so all I needed was 10 foot pieces 1gauge.

lol look not all of us drive suburbans. And if I am going to be technical it was a 11.5 ft piece :)

Also not everyone is going to drop $1800 on glue and mdf baller. ( I just went through your build log again)

lolwut? where did you get your 1/0 for 2$/ ft? I'd like to buy a 100ft.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

lolwut? where did you get your 1/0 for 2$/ ft? I'd like to buy a 100ft.

The SHCA CCA is 2.73$ per ft. 1/0AWG

Also its $153 for 100ft of SHCA CCA. I am not arguing price really. I am saying that if you're really hurting check a picknpull yard before you give up on a big 3 or something like that.

What's so hard about connecting the two runs together with a fuse or terminal either? Honestly guys why hate on a guy trying to give us a helpful hint that we can get used wire on the cheap?

Thanks for the pointer man!

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

What's so hard about connecting the two runs together with a fuse or terminal either? Honestly guys why hate on a guy trying to give us a helpful hint that we can get used wire on the cheap?

I'm not hating on him but honestly if you had to piece wires together you should just buy the right amount of wire because more connection's is a bad thing not a good one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm not hating on him but honestly if you had to piece wires together you should just buy the right amount of wire because more connection's is a bad thing not a good one.

I agree definitely. Do it right once. Don't daisy chain cable either. If you can get away with shorter lengths with no breaks cool, if not buy the right length.

more connections creates resistance

by the way. that 1 gauge does not equal 1/0 wire. its actually smaller.. not saying is not good quality just saying its not 1/0 which you might have to check how much current that wire capable of

im not saying its undersized but it says it right there 1 gauge not 1/0 which is not the same its like 2 gauge to 1 gauge

more connections creates resistance

by the way. that 1 gauge does not equal 1/0 wire. its actually smaller.. not saying is not good quality just saying its not 1/0 which you might have to check how much current that wire capable of

im not saying its undersized but it says it right there 1 gauge not 1/0 which is not the same its like 2 gauge to 1 gauge

I missed that too, well looks like you are down from 170amps - 145amps or ampacity with 1/0 gauge vice 1 gauge. Good catch.

Also that tells me my single run of 1 gauge from the factory isn't going to be enough, which I thought I could MAYBE squeak by since its less than 2k watts @ 167a draw but yea...

Know what you need going into it. Calculating amp draw is pretty simple though.

Archived