Sundown Audio

What amp to buy

ben1994

Oddly enough they are missing the one amp I am looking for though. The 1000 isn't really enough, and the 2500 is too much. Im considering the dc level 4 in the future, which makes the 1500 the perfect choice for my level 3 now and possibly a level 4 later

Really all the brands you mentioned are decent. For 600$ you should be able to get that power level fine. Look in the classifieds I think there are a couple that would suit you and be at or less than $600.

New comes with a warranty most times. Used won't. So thats something to remember. Also if you buy from a local dealer you will get better support most times. All the partnered companies on here so far that I have dealt with though are great so take that into consideration as well.

I'd think a matching DC audio amp would be nice.. But if you want to go with RF i'd still message steve just because he only has some online doesn't mean he doesn't have them I'd try that first and see what your price difference's are then look at those amps on the Amp dyno. Either Amp will be a good purchase IMO

The one thing that is holding me back from getting the dc is the continuous power across resistances of the fosgate. Obviously there is a big efficiency change from 1 ohm to 4 ohm. Personally I've never run a setup at 4 ohm, would the sq be that noticeable between 1 ohm and 4 ohm?

Archived