tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Broke audio Idk what u want me to do Idk how they tune their stuff honestly I've never been impressed by their work. I thought a volt meter would at least get me close to rms
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 A multi meter is fine for that if you know where you distort or clip at, if not you're still just guessing. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Ok well I'll try to find a dd1 to use or syroscope
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Sometimes you can get used o-scopes on ebay for cheap. If you something you'll only use once though I'd just find someone that will let you borrow the proper tool. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Ok I just got off the phone w custom sounds for 35 they tune by ear if I had a possessor they said they would use a o scope
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 Well then they are idiots. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 Ya like I said I've never been happy w there installs tuning they did a buddy of mines car 2x10 w3 on a kenwood exelon with focals and another exelon amp it hit ok I played w it n he now flexs his roof Before that I took a w3 on trade with a mrp1000 they had type rs on sale for 100 bucks well they pushed me to buy another w3 for 200 instead of 2 type rs I hooked em up in the lot and beat em wasn't impressed took in grab 2 type rs and was 2ce as happy lol
corey0928 Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 I just don't get why you would buy a 1200 RMS amp for a 700 watt sub Some headroom can help rather than hurt. Amp is cheap, the sub will love it if the OP set it up right. But he doesn't sound like he has a ton of experience and the amp is almost double the RMS. So headroom I don't consider a good thing in this case especially since we don't know if he's going to crank the gain or bass boost even if we say not too
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 11, 2015 Report Posted February 11, 2015 If you don't want to fork out the money for a DD-1 you can get an o-scope for $65. This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y3QHZ6/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_dp_1 There is some third party firmware you can load on it that makes it a lot better to use. The DD-1 is the quickest and easiest way to get the job done, no doubt about that. The scope I linked though will allow you to do the job just as well and is cheaper, you just have to be a little more tech savvy. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
tryintoflex Posted February 11, 2015 Author Report Posted February 11, 2015 I'm trying to locate a decent test tone audio files I can just download to my phone anyone got any ideas?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.