Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Looking for sub that gets the low in a "small" box


bigsausagepizza

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yea x would definitely be better for your power. I would do a 4 inch aero. 6 inch too big

How does your electrical do with the 2000d at 0.5ohm? I see you have a stock alt, any idea what its rated? Is that XP2000 a second battery, or your main starting battery? I'm just thinking of how my electrical will do running the S1500.1 with my stock 130A alt.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Posted

Creative Sound Solutions SDX10 or 12

Dayton Audio Reference Series

American Bass XD series (8/10)

Image Dynamics

Dayton Utimax subs

Peerless (take your pick)

Stereo Integrity has good specs but a little pricey

Eminence

I would run something with a paper or fiber cone if I could just because I think they sound better. The CSS subs dig low and so do ST's. Trit had good luck in a horn that he built with the American Bass drivers as well.

I would run whatever driver you pick through this little calc on basic car electronics. Its under the 110 section, basically it has you input fs and Qes to give you EBP for suitability for a ported or sealed enclosure. I know thats super elementary but it saved me some time.

Posted

Thanks aculous! Looks like I've got some research to do.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Posted

Yea x would definitely be better for your power. I would do a 4 inch aero. 6 inch too big

How does your electrical do with the 2000d at 0.5ohm? I see you have a stock alt, any idea what its rated? Is that XP2000 a second battery, or your main starting battery? I'm just thinking of how my electrical will do running the S1500.1 with my stock 130A alt.

it's a second battery. You will be fine on that s1500. Just get a battery for the rear and make sure big 3 is good. I drop to 11.5 lowest. mine is a 130a alt as well.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

Posted

also this looks sexy....just sayin.

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/af-10/

Cool, I didn't know he had woofers out yet!

Any tips on how to choose from some of these options? I can model them all in winisd, but a lot of them are probably fairly similar.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Posted

Ethos is modeling best for me right now, hopefully I can grab one when they are available.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Posted

He designed the Ethos to overexagerate the lows so that would be a woofer that fits your goals the best.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5311 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...