Auto Loan Legal Question

I dont think I've ever seen anyone on the title that didnt havet he loan in their name.

Our, my wife and I, have our Pilot in both are names but the loan is strictly in her name through Honda Financial.

Our house deed has both are names on it but the loan is strictly in my name through Wells Fargo.

It's not common but can be done. We do things like this so that our credit scores don't get impacted by the same debt. My debt to income ratio is obviously slightly skewed as I hold the the highest debt with the home while hers is better with nothing on it since the car was paid off. This was done strictly from a financial standpoint and should not be attempted with anyone you don't trust 1000%

But in order to sell the car i dont think the person whom's name is on the loan is an issue, at the end of the day they get stuck with the debt left over on the loan (If any).

I know this because my brother had that issue when he took back his girlfriends car, He legally could hold the car but had to make the payments or sell it. Selling it would make him still owe on it. Both His name & her name were on the car, this was the AND scenario, and not the or. AND meaning you both own it. Or meaning either of you can do what you wish.

All the loan paperwork lists me as the primary and her as a cosigner.

BUT the registration card says Me "or" Her.

Your stuck with the loan, and anything having to do with it. & She can sell the car on her own.

For the loan to be closed out they might need your signature.. it depends how she does it. Honestly speak with an attorney to inform you what she can do. My sisters ex boyfriend, had her name removed from the loan, and still owns the car.

I dont think I've ever seen anyone on the title that didnt havet he loan in their name.

Our, my wife and I, have our Pilot in both are names but the loan is strictly in her name through Honda Financial.

Our house deed has both are names on it but the loan is strictly in my name through Wells Fargo.

It's not common but can be done. We do things like this so that our credit scores don't get impacted by the same debt. My debt to income ratio is obviously slightly skewed as I hold the the highest debt with the home while hers is better with nothing on it since the car was paid off. This was done strictly from a financial standpoint and should not be attempted with anyone you don't trust 1000%

But in order to sell the car i dont think the person whom's name is on the loan is an issue, at the end of the day they get stuck with the debt left over on the loan (If any).

I know this because my brother had that issue when he took back his girlfriends car, He legally could hold the car but had to make the payments or sell it. Selling it would make him still owe on it. Both His name & her name were on the car, this was the AND scenario, and not the or. AND meaning you both own it. Or meaning either of you can do what you wish.

Correct, go back to the post I made where i state that the loan paperwork don't mean shit

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Whats scary is if she negotiated (lack thereof) the new car price herself, and the trade-in and such. I could see her signing some ridiculous fucking contract where we (I) still owe on the trade in.

It's very possible. If i were you i'd take possession of the car. & Have it settled on your terms not yours. It's not illegal to take the car from her if your name is on the registration, aswell the loan.

But she would have to pay off the car note to get title from lean holder to get new car?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Since the lean holder has the title it would have to be paid off to be released.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

All the loan paperwork lists me as the primary and her as a cosigner.

BUT the registration card says Me "or" Her.

Don't confuse the paperwork.

A privately owned car can have a max of 4 pieces to it

1) Loan paperwork = legal binds the people on it to the financial stake of the vehicle and once the loan is paid off means nothing.

2) Title = legal owner of the vehicle. the person or people listed on the document have full legal rights to it and share equal control accordingly.

3) Registration = a state mandated document that shows point of contact for the responsibility of the vehicle. The person who appears on a registration does not have to be the legal owner of the vehicle

4) insurance = financial coverage of the vehicle that can be extended beyond the OWNER or REGISTERED person

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived