ben1994 Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 Hey still having that same burning dc issue. It doesn't seem like it is all the time, although when it does occur it is getting worse. Amp is a hifonics five channel 5000.5. 1000 watts at one ohm. Set with a dd-1 on the -5db test tone. box is 3.25 ft tuned down to 30hz. The level 3 is supposed to handle 900 watts rms although many people say they can handle much more (as well as i doubt this hifonics really puts out true power). The one variable I havent checked would be dirty music (which ive heard alot of people suggest may be an issue). Some of my music is purchased, some of it is obtained through torrents. Could dirty music cause that much distortion? If so is there a program I can run music through to detect distortion? I'll soon be putting in a t1500-1bdcp and a t400-4 and don't want to send distortion through those amps. Worst case scenario I will buy a level 4, although I would rather extend the life of this level 3 if possible (only bought it in november).
MrSkippyJ Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 what size sub? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Kyblack76 Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 everyone will blame the amp...... or box... wait for it... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
MrSkippyJ Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 its either the amp or the box... F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 You say burning issue, you mean you keep smelling the sub? I highly doubt your music is the cause of the problem. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ben1994 Posted February 17, 2015 Author Report Posted February 17, 2015 Yea. Can definitely smell the coil burning from the port. My amp stays cool though. Like i said set with dd-1 at -5db so i doubt its clipping. Box is built to spec. Unless a dc level 3 is really that weak of a speaker that anything over spec rms burns it. Could also be just a pos amp. Never been a huge fan of hifonics. I'm gonna install the rockford power amps soon so we'll see then i guess
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 What kind of music do you listen to? If you are playing something with content above -5 db you could be clipping, but I do agree that is unlikely. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ben1994 Posted February 17, 2015 Author Report Posted February 17, 2015 Just regular stuff. Some tech n9ne, kid cudi, kendrick lamar. Nothing designated to be full of bass. I ran the same stuff with an re sex v2 12 with a pioneer d8 601 and it was fine. I doubt too small of power wire could be it either. I run knu konceptz ofc 4 gauge. Fused at 150.
SIDE SHOW Posted February 17, 2015 Report Posted February 17, 2015 run some proper cd's and compare to the mp3's.... if you get a burning smell on both you have an issue elsewere whats the LPF set at?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.