crescendo mezzo on H/U power?

Mr DeeBeez

thank you for your input. I would definitely get an amp before i would get them then. How do you like them by the way? seem to have good reviews. never heard them tho. do you think (provided they had proper power) that one set of mezzos would be better than 2 sets of cz's?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I have 2 sets of mezzos and my amp is running 100 to them at 4ohm, I Can get 125w to them at 2ohm, is it OK to bridge them at the amp to make that happen?

Will report back this weekend on their sound at 125w if possible. They sound ok at 100w, but definitely not what their potential is

thank you for your input. I would definitely get an amp before i would get them then. How do you like them by the way? seem to have good reviews. never heard them tho. do you think (provided they had proper power) that one set of mezzos would be better than 2 sets of cz's?

To me, the Crescendo tweeter is the tits. So smooth, non fatiguing, plays loud and vocals sound great. You wont get the Mezzo tweeter with the CZs, so I'd lean toward a single set of Mezzos. Now, if tweeters aren't your thing and you want to get extra midbass up front,then go with 2 sets of CZs. But don't just settle for the HU power, they need amps.

To me, the Crescendo tweeter is the tits. So smooth, non fatiguing, plays loud and vocals sound great. You wont get the Mezzo tweeter with the CZs, so I'd lean toward a single set of Mezzos. Now, if tweeters aren't your thing and you want to get extra midbass up front,then go with 2 sets of CZs. But don't just settle for the HU power, they need amps.

If i would get 2 sets of cz's, there would be one set up front and one in back. not going to be making any door pods

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

• 2 weeks later...

I would not run anything off the HU.

The Mezzo's are better.

Depends what you want in the long run.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I have mezzo's that I ran off of HU power for the first month I had them because of a DOA amp. I had already ripped out my door speakers and my kid demolished one on accident.

They sounded amazing, and even though underpowered, they were a HUGE improvement over stock speakers, even on HU power.

The tweet in the mezzo's is indeed the tits. The mid driver can play low and sound good doing it, BUT YOU HAVE TO DEADEN YOUR DOORS, properly.

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

Archived