crescendo mezzo on H/U power?

Mr DeeBeez

So I am wanting to upgrade my stock speakers to some nice component speakers. I have never had a good set of components so i am really wanting to get some good mid bass from them. My only problem is that I cant buy both the speakers and a 4 channel amp all at once. I really like the crescendo's, but am debating on two different options.

would it make more sense to get two sets of cz 6.5's and run all on hu power till i get an amp, or get one set of mezzo 6.5 and leave the back doors stock for now.

but then i was thinking, would head unit power even be enough to push the mezzo's? i know they are 150w rms. I have a kenwood ddx371 double din head unit. I think the mezzos would be a lot better, but would one set be better than 2 sets of the cz's?

I really appreciate any input. hope this wouldnt be considered a vs thread because i just dont know what model to get.

Thanks again!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

i would run a fucking thing on HU power

and when i get in a dudes car, (that say i like car audio) and he/she tells me the deck does 100 watts rms ....

i just get out..

you would run them on HU power? i just dont want to invest 250 on speakers to find out its not much of a difference on hu power until i get proper power to them

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

pretty sure he meant wouldn't run a thing on HU power.

pretty sure he meant wouldn't run a thing on HU power.

thats what im thinking he meant. i got confused by it

Sorry..

i missed the 'NT ......

sorry about that..

my only concern is if my head unit will be able to provide enough power to make a good difference until i get the funds for an amp.

HU power is not enough. I have Mezzos on an R400-4 and it wasn't until I bridged the amp that they really started to sing. So, around 150w for me made them worthwhile.

Archived