tips or tricks for sales positions

One big thing with sales that I have learned over the years is closing the sale correctly is everything. A closing can make or break a sale. Always remember to use assumptive phrases when closing the sale. Assume the customer is going to say yes. Don't give them options to say no. By saying things like "Would you like to think about it for a few days?" you are almost guaranteeing that the customer will walk away from that sale. Practice assuming the customer is going to say yes and I guarantee you will sell more. Say things like "When can I schedule this install for?" instead of "Would you like me to schedule this install for you?" Manipulation and verbiage is everything with sales. Good luck, I'm sure you'll pick up on it very quick.

Also think about it the people you hook up with an awesome deal are going to Remember that and come back to see you.

I have a friend that does car audio sales and he is 100% honest and not only does he have a huge repeat customer base they have also followed him when he went to a new company.

If I worked at a company that was encouraging me to lie to make higher profit sales I'd quit.

Welcome to the sales world man. It's brutal and not for everyone lmao.

Yeah I know the good old saying, "there is no room in sales for honest people"

Truth is it doesn't have to be that way and only dishonest people agree with that saying.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well, I understand why not to. However my profit % has to be above a certain number. If not I risk my job. Right now I'm right there were I'm expected to be with being new to sales.

As I learn and do better my percentage will go up and what is expected of me will.

Once I get to the point where I'm doing good and I have a set profit % for the year I can start sing better deals. I'll learn where I can make deals and where I can't. My goal right now is to stay above water and learn as much as I can.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

So you see being dishonest as the only way to keep your profit margin high?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Never lie it's going to get you .

Now creating urgency to close the sale is fine because most customers need the push but they better be getting what they want and trust you . When done properly people will come back .

Okay, I have been in sales and retail management for 15 years. Doing an overview of what I read this is my personal opinion.

1. Sales are not easy, if they were everyone would do it.

2. If your company is offering a 50% discount on products..... They are probably getting a discount from the vendor to do so.

3. Never lie to a customer. Not only can this cost you your job it can cause legal issues for you and the company you work for.

4. Never offer a free discount. If a customer wants subs/box and an amp but doesn't want to pay that price........ Offer deadener, upgraded oem speakers, installation kit, etc at a discounted price.
5. Extended Warranties!!!!! Every company offers them and they are basically free money. When giving quotes to customers include the price of the warranty into the sale, but mention the extended warranty and do not hide it.

6. Sales is sales. It doesn't matter what the products are, that is information that can be taught/learned. You have to sell yourself first, build rapport.

7. Meet, Greet, Qualify. Introduce yourself as a professional. Ask qualifying questions and adapt your personality to that individual person. (60 year old grandma doesn't want to know the same information a 16 year old wants to.)

8. Never have a negative remark for anything. If you are the biggest Seahawks fan on planet earth and a customer comes in with a Patriots hat on.... You are now a Patriots fan!

At the very minimum you keep your negative personal opinions to yourself.

9. Customers are your #1 source for marketing. A happy customer will generally tell 2-3 people about their purchases with you. An unhappy customer will tell 10-15.

10. Sales is a 24/7 job. If you are at walmart in the audio section and see customers that have questions, answer them and tell them about your shop (this is immoral but Walmart is the devil.. Don't do this to other shops) Somebody has a dead battery in a parking lot.... they can come buy a battery from you.

There are many tactics you can use to obtain sales. I love marketing and convincing people to market for me, easy money. No need to be deceitful. Also keep in mind that sales is not for everyone. You have to be very outgoing and bite your pride a lot.

The 50% off products are old models that we still have. At 50% off we eat the shipping. There are other items we are allowed to discount if needed to for the sale.

So rather then eating the shipping on the 50% off item I sell other items discounted some to ahead the discount across the purchase.

Customer walks out happy and still returns

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived