tips or tricks for sales positions

As the title says just looking for tips or tricks.

Just got moved up to sales, starting with car audio then tvs and furniture.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You need to sell yourself to the customer... I know it sounds weird but they're buying you in a way when they purchase from you...

Listen to what they want...Make suggestions if you feel something would suit them better

BE HAPPY...Happy Salesman make more sales

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Listen to what they want...Make suggestions if you feel something would suit them better

^^Lt.Smoke makes a good point.

Be honest. Don't be afraid to say I don't know (then find the answer.) Treat every customer like you would want to be treated. Greet everyone who walks in even if you are with another customer let them know you will be with them as soon as you can.

Just how I like to be treated by sales people.

Under Construction

Thanks for the replies, this is definitely a job I haven't done.

Was at work when I made the thread so it was short lol.

I work at a car audio/furniture store. Right now I'm only doing car audio sales which won't be the issue.

Over the period of 6 months I have to learn Sony tv's klipsch & Polk speakers and sound bars, marantz and Sony recievers along with Sony blue ray players.

For furniture it's mostly England but we do have a small amount of Klaussner and emerald. Them there is Amish tables tv stands and coffee table sets made by fusion design.

I don't know what my sales are suppose to look like as far as monthly but I know for sure the daily goal is 11000-12000 per day in sales the more the better of course.

Did alright today, sold roughly $1500 in car audio today. I know it won't be like that every day though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

As a Sales manager the first thing I tell new people is to listen write it down then use narrowing questions . For example If you have 10 car amps to show them in stock you should only show them 2-3 because by asking less then 4 questions you will narrow down to a few That will work for them . Own the sale and be sure to prove to them why these are the best choices . Keep on track ! Of course small talk so you get to know them but always be selling your product and service . If you feel that you have the product they need the hardest question is next ASK FOR THE SALE ! If you don't you just educated them for the next salesperson. writing it down also gives you proof you where listening and will help the customer feel sure of the purchase. There is many more steps to learn but these things will help you get started. Find someone to do roll plays with . If you say you hate roll plays it's like saying you hate money. Do them often with one of the top sales people ,Even if it's someone different for each department. Now relax !

Dress nice

smell nice

have clean teeth

smile

smile

smile

smile

push the higher profit products to the general customer. The more knowledgeable customers will know exactly what they want... Klipsch customers tend to be very loyal.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Sell what you can see, don't see what you can sell.

Be enthusiastic, build interest in the product and talk on their level. Don't just be a walking talking product spec data base.

Don't just be an order taker where they come in and tell you what they want and bam end of transaction. Ask questions, discover opportunities and needs, and explain how your products are solutions to those needs.

Archived