Sundown Audio

looking for a class ab minimum 1500 watt rms amp.

orion

Ive been digging around a bit. Seems class d is the biggest craze due to efficiency. I dont want efficiency i want sound quality. Any suggestions would be great. Weather a single channel or 2 channel amp doesnt matter. I need at least 1500 watts rms. And can go from there. Thanks in advance. Orion

CT sounds amps are stout. As for single or dual channel, I would just go single and be done with it. I can't honestly say I can point out the difference in sound quality between the 2.

By all means I'm sure there is some cases you can (thinking highend vs low), and there is some people that "can" (bs to make themselves seem elite or something) and then some that actual can.... Whether it be from more experience than you or I will ever have, etc.

Sound quality is more dependant on the full install then simply a class of amplifiers.

In fact (never proven) it's been said and tested by someone who was or might still be a big contender in sound quality (don't remember the guys name). He set up a blind test for people to figure out quick amp was which using amps from several different companies and types. Using an eq to adjust for a flat freq response for all the different amps and no one could get more then a 50%. However if you have 4 choices and randomly guess there is a high chance of guessing 2/4.

The testing was never returned as proof to the theory but can be argued as a liable source of info.

Wish I still had the link.

Now with that said effiency is more important. Less strain on your electrical meaning less money spent on electrical upgrades and more spent on key elements of sq such as speakers, sound processors, testing speaker location, sound deadener of all types and time spent on an rta to adjust for the flattest freq response you can get.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Not a ton of options out there for a class AB amp pumping 1500w.

PPI A1200 art series while only listed as 1200w, they were capable of a fair amount more.

PPI PC21400 is an old school amp capable of doing what you want but it can cost a fair amount on ebay when they pop up.

US Amps VLX 400 is completely capable of that and more but be prepared to spend some $ on that.

These are just a couple of the old school ones out there.

Getting high power class AB can cost quite a bit for something that won't fail on you in a few short years.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

PPI A1200 art series while only listed as 1200w, they were capable of a fair amount more.

PPI PC21400 is an old school amp capable of doing what you want but it can cost a fair amount on ebay when they pop up.

US Amps VLX 400 is completely capable of that and more but be prepared to spend some $ on that.

Getting high power class AB can cost quite a bit for something that won't fail on you in a few short years.

lol he asked i gave him one he had no budget posted lol

I am looking at another re xx 18 build. Years ago i had a re xxx 18/orion xtr 2400 pro build and wanted to mimic it as best as i could. I was runnin 6 18s in a blowthrough tuned at 20 hz with 12 orion modded xtr2400 pros. The truck was stolen and gutted out in az. The amps were single channel class ab amps that ran about 3kw each at 2 ohm. I cant find them or even the old ppis anymore. I have the subs already and am running some class d skars but it just sounds muddy to me same box config as before. I tossed a couple of old 275 g4s on there and it sounded spectacular in comparison but just didnt have the wattage i need to push the subs the way i want. I also tried a couple of newer class d orions and got the same results as the skars. Just muddy sounding. I would love to even just find some old xtr 2400 pros but thats damn near been imposible. Ole jimmy aka tempe loved that ride lol. I appreciate the help yall

then what i posted is your best bet unless like skull says you find some older amps

and if you are not stuck on xxx if new ones id stay away from them anyways from what people say.. A.A Havocs sound amazing

uhhh ok need a little more info.. like what ohm load? most multi channel amps are ab, Only a few amps that are multi channel are class d

and class ab with that many watts rms probably a pretty penny too

http://www.americanbassusa.com/product.detail/product_id/177

Im goin to dig into those american bass amps. They look very promising. Thanks for the link.

Yup thats been part of my problem. Been tough locating some of the oldschool amps. Ive been digging through every avenue i could think of. I have a couple of ole ppis but like u say they are old. I need to send them out and have the caps replaced in them and have them burnt in to see if anything else needs replaced. Just a pita.

Archived