noobslayer77 Posted February 24, 2015 Author Report Posted February 24, 2015 ok. thanks for the help. Goal is to get louder so im gonna look into some 12's and maybe see if i can squeeze dc xl 15s. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
hifonix Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 Have you thought about selling the HD 1200 and buying a bigger amp to run the 13w7's. According to the JL Audio website those subs would like about 1000 watts/ 1500 max each. Under Construction
Karkov Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 I love me my SP4's You should get SP4's....... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
noobslayer77 Posted February 24, 2015 Author Report Posted February 24, 2015 yea. I've considered the rockford 2500 for them. I like the constant power idea, and the subsonic being a little lower at 28 hz... also the weird 1.5 impedance of the w7s. I've thought about that for sure. And still mulling it around. I suppose i could get 1 2500 and see what it does, and if i aint happy, ditch the w7s and pick up another 2500 but god damn they got soo expensive. I could get a 5k for damn near the same price! After doing some sub research... I've gotten stuck on on either going 4 fi q 12s wit high qts in a sealed box. or trying to squeeze 2 q 18's in a sealed box on a saz 3500 or a rf 2500 (we all know they are 3k amps). I still like the idea of having the 5k... UGH decisions. and yes.... I want the sp4s soooo bad. but i dont wanna give them too small a home Damnit i forgot how hard this was lol. 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
moredbs Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 yea. I've considered the rockford 2500 for them. I like the constant power idea, and the subsonic being a little lower at 28 hz... also the weird 1.5 impedance of the w7s. I've thought about that for sure. And still mulling it around. I suppose i could get 1 2500 and see what it does, and if i aint happy, ditch the w7s and pick up another 2500 but god damn they got soo expensive. I could get a 5k for damn near the same price! After doing some sub research... I've gotten stuck on on either going 4 fi q 12s wit high qts in a sealed box. or trying to squeeze 2 q 18's in a sealed box on a saz 3500 or a rf 2500 (we all know they are 3k amps). I still like the idea of having the 5k... UGH decisions. and yes.... I want the sp4s soooo bad. but i dont wanna give them too small a home Damnit i forgot how hard this was lol. You got plenty of room for 2 15 sp4s , you got around 13 cubic ft.
cloud77 Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 If you're planning on running 5k you may need another rear batt as well. If you get creative with an amp rack and battery placement I'm sure you can get 8 cubes for (2) 15"s or ~6 cubes for 2 12"s. I wouldn't buy the HQTS drivers cause then you'll be stuck with running sealed. 2004 Grand Prix GT (2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2) 5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz MMATS HD4000.05 MMATS SQ4100 Infinity Kappa components Juice Box black cherry Duralast platinum group 34 1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding Singer 250A
noobslayer77 Posted February 25, 2015 Author Report Posted February 25, 2015 hmmmm.... I've always though about building an angled battery tray so that i can angle them both at 45 degrees. this will keep them from being too long for the trunk, and it'd look cool... i'd probably just pick up another xp 3000. -good tip on the hqts drivers. I figured 4 12's sealed would be louder than 2 15s ported... just bc of more cone area. efficiency is less for sure... but i like the idea of sp4 15, i've loved those subs since i first saw them and ya gotta follow your heart. I think 2 inverted sp4's in the rear view mirror is about as bad ass as it can get for a liberty Ya know what... I can get creative with the trunk, and i'm not opposed to cutting parts of the seatbacks to allow for more battery space... so fuck it... I'm gonna see if i can't rock the sp4 15's...fully loaded, and try and get a 145! 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 2 13w7s skar 3500 cnf mids (soon) xs batteries
slowfkncar Posted February 25, 2015 Report Posted February 25, 2015 Man 4 fi-q (hqts) 12s sealed will be pretty damn loud on the entire bandwidth and sound pretty good on probably your whole collection of music.
FI50 Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 Man 4 fi-q (hqts) 12s sealed will be pretty damn loud on the entire bandwidth and sound pretty good on probably your whole collection of music. I miss my fi q, what a beautiful sounding sub. 04 v8 explorer with a fully loaded 15" BL
slowfkncar Posted February 26, 2015 Report Posted February 26, 2015 Yup. I still don't think it would be as loud as 2 15's ported on a burp, on music though,as far as I remember it sounded almost perfect on anything I played. Hell I even got 140db at 27hz off 2 12's sealed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.