Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Mobile Sound Works Custom Made Boxes


kyangs

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks for the input. Your box Fab and wood work is amazing. I am sure if spent 500 bucks I can get one just like yours. I guess, I get what I pay for.

Posted

Pretty sure that there was a member on either here or caco that was doing 48's out of the truck with 2 12"s in a msw prefab

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

i used one of the MSW boxes....i had a 10w6v3 (when I was a JL nuthugger) in their 10w6v3 "designed" box, running on the class d side of a 900/5. I think the feedback youre getting here is good, likely better to go another route. It wasnt a terrible sounding setup, you could probably just get something better or make something better.

Posted

Yea understood. I seen a few video comparisons from sonicelectronix for pre fab, custom fab, factory fab, and 3 to 7 db is not going to make a difference for Spending 200 to 400 extra for only 7 db more. As well as knowing I will never compete.

Posted

Why come on here wasting your time and everyone elses by asking for help and input when you already had your mind made up?

People like you make it difficult for us to actually want to help other newbies that actually want to learn something. You're the same kid that will show up talking about how your cousins 2 12's in a pre-fab are the loudest thing ever and bust windshield etc. then shit your pants when you hear what loud actually is.

Next time, if you have your mind made up and aren't willing to learn and apply said learned knowledge then why don't you do yourself as well as all of us a favor.

Posted

This must be the box in question...

http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/product_p/3_0-msw-112-round-box.htm

Their carpet job is hideous. you can see every seam clear as day.

Looks like they dont know how to carpet so they carpet a end panel and then staple it to the box afterwards which adds no strength to the box and a possibility to vibrate loose down the road.

Ill take one of the boxes I built that I posted above any day. Hell Id take one of the boxes built by my old friend that also does boxes any day before these guys! LOL

You can see the seam on the top partly in this photo, not even centered in the box either.

But the nails or staples they used through the carpet to secure what looks like the side panel is way to noticeable.

3_0-MSW-112-ROUND-Box-6.jpg?1325001854

You can see the seam better in this one on the top of the box.

3_0-MSW-112-ROUND-Box-5.jpg?1325001854

3_0-MSW-112-ROUND-Box-2.jpg?1325001854

Hey Brian you should post progress pics of a bunch of your enclosures. You get down man for sure from design, measuring, cutting, assembly, painting, wrapping the whole 9. Damn bro.

Posted

Yea understood. I seen a few video comparisons from sonicelectronix for pre fab, custom fab, factory fab, and 3 to 7 db is not going to make a difference for Spending 200 to 400 extra for only 7 db more. As well as knowing I will never compete.

only 7 db? Hell, Id pay $2k if it could get me from a 58 to a 65

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

Yea understood. I seen a few video comparisons from sonicelectronix for pre fab, custom fab, factory fab, and 3 to 7 db is not going to make a difference for Spending 200 to 400 extra for only 7 db more. As well as knowing I will never compete.

I'll take 7db over where i'm at now any day and I dont compete, I dont think you understand how much louder that is and how hard it is to sometimes get that so just to spend lets say 400 extra is worth it cause there is people spending thousands just to get 1 more db.

If I was you I would ask around the forum for help in a design or if there is anyone close to where you stay that could help you build a box for what you plan to run.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4888 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...