Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

Last night was a pain...

20170427_194002.jpg

I forgot how much I don't like making adjustments in my 360.3. I haven't touched it in forever and last night I had to do some flip flopping and switching to get the 800.4 in and the RCA's ran where they needed to go. 

20170427_203243.jpg

The two sets of RCAs I had running the tweeters and center channels from the MVP4A had to be put on splitters to the left and right channels of the Front 1 input on the 360 so I could get the front and rear RCAs from the 800.4 ran the correct way to the 360. Not to mention it was an absolute nightmare just getting it in and wired up because of where I have it. I can say those that it is crystal clear and LOUD. I actually had to turn it down a little bit from where I had it to begin with because it was stupid loud. Going to pick up a good set of 4ch RCAs from Jeff on Sunday at the show and should probably have it DD1'd while I'm there. 

Yesterday I finally stopped dragging my feet and started work on those pillars I've been telling you guys about. 

20170429_133618.jpg

20170429_133627.jpg

20170429_142540.jpg

20170429_182114.jpg

Then today after a VERY disappointing day at a show, I came back and got the fleece soaked with resin. 

20170430_193908.jpg

To explain about the disappointment...still only clamped 2500w after installing my JY lithium. Checked voltage while playing on music and it dropped from 13.8 to 12.4. Acts like the alternator isn't charging correctly. Not sure where to go from here. Think we are going to try and hook up to someone else's electrical and see what it does. 

Got me a couple new toys too. Ordered this little guy to help out with the pillars. 3 1/8" random orbit. Should be a lot easier to handle and get into the little areas. 

20170430_204129.jpg

And then I got this guy for free...

20170427_203656.jpg

We think we may know what my problem is with my clamp power. With me running my 360 off the stock headunit, the way the stock headunit works is that once it starts to see clipped signal it begins cutting back voltage in order to help protect the speakers from blowing due to clipping. Cody just had the same problem with the brand new Buick he did. The way around this is to use a hi/lo converter and bypass the headunit by tapping into the signal wires before they are processed. Once that is done I can run my RCAs straight to the sub amp and that should fix my issue. 

Details on the hi/lo converter?  My buddy has a Jeep JK and we are trying to figure out how to grab the signal (for subs) before it goes to the processor since his Alpine mids/highs sound pretty damn good and he wants to keep the stock head unit.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Awesome thread!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:44 PM, WalledSonic said:

Details on the hi/lo converter?  My buddy has a Jeep JK and we are trying to figure out how to grab the signal (for subs) before it goes to the processor since his Alpine mids/highs sound pretty damn good and he wants to keep the stock head unit.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/content/nvx-audio-xfloc4-160-watt-4-channel-line-output-converter

There are several different types and wattages. It just takes the signal and converts it to the RCA's just as an aftermarket headunit would without the aftermarket headunit. 

The adjustable output is nice to get a strong signal. 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Put a little more work into the pillars the other day. Got them knocked down and then I laid another coat of resin over them to fill some of the low areas. Still got some more work to do but right now I'm very happy with the way they are turning out. Gonna try and get the hi/lo put in tonight to see if it fixes my problem. 

IMG_20170506_144111_948.jpg

Got them all one color tonight. Honestly pretty close to ready to being able to wrap them or have them painted. That's my dilemma though. Do I paint them to match the outside of the car? Or do I wrap them in black leather? The egg shaped areas are gonna get wrapped in the blue digicamo to match the interior. I know that much. 

20170508_200926.jpg

Opinions? 

Archived