Sundown Audio

Aq2200 getting power but not producing power

garton05

My guess is something with the head unit, like the bass is off or something to that effect. You might have a bad RCA in the back of the head unit if it's verified indeed be on and turned up(bass label setting in the head unit).

My suggestion is take your ride to a professional that knows what they're doing and what to look for. By the way, the ground has NOTHING to with the amp turning on or not. The Remote turn in is what powers the amp up, you could disconnect the power wire from the amp and as long as the remote wire is still plugged in, the amp will light up and turn on.

You've got some magical amps sir.
I was tired when i posted. Did I make a mistake with the remote turn on information?

My suggestion for him to take his vehicle to a shop was 100% accurate.

edit: I can't read.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Is you LPF set to 20hz?

x2

is that low pass turned all the way down?

Where is the subsonic set at too?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

My guess is something with the head unit, like the bass is off or something to that effect. You might have a bad RCA in the back of the head unit if it's verified indeed be on and turned up(bass label setting in the head unit).

My suggestion is take your ride to a professional that knows what they're doing and what to look for. By the way, the ground has NOTHING to with the amp turning on or not. The Remote turn in is what powers the amp up, you could disconnect the power wire from the amp and as long as the remote wire is still plugged in, the amp will light up and turn on.

You've got some magical amps sir.
I was tired when i posted. Did I make a mistake with the remote turn on information?

My suggestion for him to take his vehicle to a shop was 100% accurate.

You may or may not have, I've never had an amp that would turn on with no power wire but maybe you have.

I could see if it was grounded that maybe the light would come on though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

One sub. Wired in parallel. Lpf is at about 80 hz. Subsonic is all the way down. Led's are wired to different power source. It's bumping decent now but only about 1.5" of flex on the sub. Calls for 3" of movement. Pry gonna try a ported box. Lights are still dimming

1998 Pontiac bonneville SE

Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen.

Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

Archived