Mechman Alternators Offical Demo HEARSE

Chris got the fuse and ground bus cabling done. Just have to mount the positive bus bar and make the polycarbonate "insulator shields". If this thing ever gets into an accident (heaven forbid) we want it to be as safe as humanly possible.

IMG_2047_zpsgqnkrivc.jpg

Just a thought of mine here. Im sure you guys have ur reasons but why not mount the amps right in the trailer? the extra power and ground connection would hurt voltage wouldnt it? Just run the speaker wire and rcas between the two vehicles. And then you get that much more room for subs or speakers in the rear or wherever. Could plexi the trailer or put windows to showcase the products you want up top maybe. Looks killer tho. Cant wait to see this thing done.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

This thing is gonna be awesome!

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

I have a question, at the beggining of the topic it says that you'll be using 36 batteries, are the other batteries going in the hearse itself, or you decided to stick with less?

On the other hand, I'm definitely impatient to see this completed, it will be brutal! Keep up the good work!

Just a thought of mine here. Im sure you guys have ur reasons but why not mount the amps right in the trailer? the extra power and ground connection would hurt voltage wouldnt it? Just run the speaker wire and rcas between the two vehicles. And then you get that much more room for subs or speakers in the rear or wherever. Could plexi the trailer or put windows to showcase the products you want up top maybe. Looks killer tho. Cant wait to see this thing done.

We had considered mounting the amps in the trailer, but we wanted to be able to play the system at a show, even if for some reason we could not bring the trailer. there will be 14 more D1400 batteries inside the car, so we could still play the system at low volume without the trailer. We may even have an auxiliary battery rack, so we can mount the trailer batteries in the car so that it would be legal for competition in case we ever wanted to compete with it.

If the amps were mounted in the trailer, that would also be a whole bunch more speaker wires and signal cables that would have to have quick disconnects at the tongue of the trailer. It is already going to be a cluster just with the 14 runs of 2/0 cable running from the trailer to the vehicle.

I have a question, at the beggining of the topic it says that you'll be using 36 batteries, are the other batteries going in the hearse itself, or you decided to stick with less?

On the other hand, I'm definitely impatient to see this completed, it will be brutal! Keep up the good work!

i already wondered and asked that earlier on haha. theres more inside the car still, although i guess it was just restated once again right above me

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived