Joe X Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 Impossible to do on those dimensions, maybe 1 15" or 2 12"s It is possible. 10.1ft^3 gross is plenty to end up around 6-6.5ft^3 after displacements. 16 x 39 x 28 is 8.339 cubes gross without a double layer baffle. exactly, and 16 x 39 x 28 is 10.1 not accounting for wood... meaning the gross of the volume of space he has, I know the gross of the enlosure is 8.34. 8.34 with 1 layer of .75" all around Subs only need 3ft^3 each, and double baffle isnt necessary with a bit of properly placed bracing. Subs will displace 0.48ft^3 and port probably around 1.5ft^3. which with a bit of math...... is 6.36ft^3, maybe a couple braces that take up about .05ft^3 each.. still a bit over 6ft^3. Well I meant impossible with the 75 square inches of port area per driver the manufacturer wants and at the recommended tuning.
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 Impossible to do on those dimensions, maybe 1 15" or 2 12"s It is possible. 10.1ft^3 gross is plenty to end up around 6-6.5ft^3 after displacements. 16 x 39 x 28 is 8.339 cubes gross without a double layer baffle. exactly, and 16 x 39 x 28 is 10.1 not accounting for wood... meaning the gross of the volume of space he has, I know the gross of the enlosure is 8.34. 8.34 with 1 layer of .75" all around Subs only need 3ft^3 each, and double baffle isnt necessary with a bit of properly placed bracing. Subs will displace 0.48ft^3 and port probably around 1.5ft^3. which with a bit of math...... is 6.36ft^3, maybe a couple braces that take up about .05ft^3 each.. still a bit over 6ft^3. Well I meant impossible with the 75 square inches of port area per driver the manufacturer wants and at the recommended tuning. I know, I saw that too, but 75 each is honestly a bit unnecessary. I know about a dozen people who have ran these in competition builds as well as daily demo builds, and none have had 75 per woofer. I know specifically a build at the window like with 2 15's doing 153-54+ @ 35 w/ like 40 per woofer. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
d-nice88 Posted March 14, 2015 Author Report Posted March 14, 2015 So it cant be done ? Or.. the guy said 6-8 cubes net with 100 - 150 inches of port area and tunned to 32 hertz
n8ball2013 Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 Why did you buy first then ask these questions THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
d-nice88 Posted March 14, 2015 Author Report Posted March 14, 2015 I didnt yet im just seeing if these would work better n the space I have insted of going with the hds300 sine they want a huge box. They said they do well in small vented enclosures (dss ethos) I have about 800$ saved for my build and was looking into getting the subs now
n8ball2013 Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 Ah ok you made it seem like you bought them already. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 I didnt yet im just seeing if these would work better n the space I have insted of going with the hds300 sine they want a huge box. They said they do well in small vented enclosures (dss ethos) I have about 800$ saved for my build and was looking into getting the subs now The Ethos are on another level compared to the HDS300's..... Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
n8ball2013 Posted March 14, 2015 Report Posted March 14, 2015 I agree I think they are two totally different markets THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
d-nice88 Posted March 14, 2015 Author Report Posted March 14, 2015 I kno I saw the video on them and I got all wet
d-nice88 Posted March 14, 2015 Author Report Posted March 14, 2015 But seriously can I make the ethos work in those dimensions?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.