I've always just pulled it off then use soapy water and razor blades to get the glue off. Hold the razor as flat against the glass as you can to avoid digging in and scratching. It goes pretty fast. But I wouldn't do it over the defroster lines.

If you know a shop that removes it for free that's a hella deal we charge at my shop cause it's a pain .. Steamer an sweating it are the choices we just use windex for the ammonia

You're telling me. Haha I called 6 shops, all of em say it cost to remove. So at this point, I can do 120$ for 2 back doors + rear windshield or 160$ for all 4 doors + rear windshield (cheapest so far for all 5). This is to ADD tint. All shops charge minimum a bill to remove my current 2 back + windshield

And to everyone else, I heard its hella harder and more time consuming by just ripping off the tint and than trying to scrape off the high levels of left over glue. But I am not sure.

And FUCK, I forgot the defrosters about the rear windshield. Ima upload a video of these British guys using the soap and water method. It seemed to come off clean but then idk.

And would those glue remover solutions work like glue goo or whatever. ? I'll upload vid when im off mobile

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Any shop I've ever dealt with will strip the old stuff for free as long as you are having them do the new tint.

Any reputable shop will do this from what I seen as well.

Kind of raises a red flag if they dont.

Easiest and quickest way to remove old tint is with a steamer which will allow the tint to come off in 1 piece along with the glue.

Another method is if you soak the window in soap water on the outside, put a black garbage bag over it and smooth out all the wrinkles as much as possible.

Then on the inside soak the tint with ammonia (from a spray bottle) and take another black garbage bag and apply it to the inside of the window and again smoth out all the wrinkles.

You must let the car sit with the window facing the sun for a while. The outside bag will help heat the window faster, while the ammonia will help break down the tint and glues, the inside bag will allow you to remove it from the glass in one piece.

Pretty much those are your 2 best options for a rear window that has defrosters on it. Other wise you risk damaging the defrosters if you try to scrap the tint/glue off with a blade.

Other windows you can go gun ho and just tear the tint off, and follow behind scraping the entire window with a razor blade and soap water, or ammonia.

So if I use the steamer, do I just apply it to the window WITHOUT touching it or touching it. Im thinking of two different steamers I think -_- But I was going to do this with a heat gun (not for the back window tho, i might use your options for the back window to avoid damage to the defroster) , but I was going to do it like this.

Starts around 1:40

But Im gonig to call a few more shops .

ANYONE IN CALIFORNIA AND HAVE FRONT TINTS:

what do you guys suggest? I have friends who all have 5% all around, but 1) They said at night its hard as SHIT to even see and 2) Everytime we see a cop, we have to roll down both front windows rain, shine, or snow. But yet, they havent got a ticket yet. So.... What do you guys think. Forsure getting 5% all 3 back, just wondering for front. I guess its a 25$ fix-it ticket to remove it so it shouldnt be that "costly" once I learn how to remvoe it myself.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Any shop I've ever dealt with will strip the old stuff for free as long as you are having them do the new tint.

Any reputable shop will do this from what I seen as well.

Kind of raises a red flag if they dont.

Easiest and quickest way to remove old tint is with a steamer which will allow the tint to come off in 1 piece along with the glue.

Another method is if you soak the window in soap water on the outside, put a black garbage bag over it and smooth out all the wrinkles as much as possible.

Then on the inside soak the tint with ammonia (from a spray bottle) and take another black garbage bag and apply it to the inside of the window and again smoth out all the wrinkles.

You must let the car sit with the window facing the sun for a while. The outside bag will help heat the window faster, while the ammonia will help break down the tint and glues, the inside bag will allow you to remove it from the glass in one piece.

Pretty much those are your 2 best options for a rear window that has defrosters on it. Other wise you risk damaging the defrosters if you try to scrap the tint/glue off with a blade.

Other windows you can go gun ho and just tear the tint off, and follow behind scraping the entire window with a razor blade and soap water, or ammonia.

So if I use the steamer, do I just apply it to the window WITHOUT touching it or touching it. Im thinking of two different steamers I think -_- But I was going to do this with a heat gun (not for the back window tho, i might use your options for the back window to avoid damage to the defroster) , but I was going to do it like this.

Starts around 1:40

But Im gonig to call a few more shops .

ANYONE IN CALIFORNIA AND HAVE FRONT TINTS:

what do you guys suggest? I have friends who all have 5% all around, but 1) They said at night its hard as SHIT to even see and 2) Everytime we see a cop, we have to roll down both front windows rain, shine, or snow. But yet, they havent got a ticket yet. So.... What do you guys think. Forsure getting 5% all 3 back, just wondering for front. I guess its a 25$ fix-it ticket to remove it so it shouldnt be that "costly" once I learn how to remvoe it myself.

i did 5% to rear door and back window. 20% the front doors and 50% windshield.. 5% does make it hard to see at night so for the front windshield nothing over 50%. with the others being darker it will make the front look darker than it really is

Got full coverage?

Just smash out all the windows, problem solved.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yall hate me -_- aha.

@miguels

I was planning to do 5% all back 3, and 20% in front windows. And leave front windshield how it is stock. I have a 05 accord sedan in a dark blue sort of color. I know with some cars, dark front tint blends in to where it'll lessen the chance of getting pulled over. But idk, guess there's only 1 way to find out

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Archived