My ride got broken into, again...

So I need an alarm, bad. I'm open to any suggestions but I need something that is 2 way, preferably with remote start, and quality. I'm trying to stay in the $500 range. Been looking into viper but besides them I really am clueless as to what's out there and what's worth buying. This will be the first time I have looked into buying an alarm system. Also, I was hoping to do the install myself. Besides basic maintenance to my truck and audio installs I have zero experience messing with stuff like this. Is installing an alarm myself out of the question or is it pretty straight forward? As always, thanks for the input!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of good alarms in that price range.

Absolutely do not try to install it yourself.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Plenty of good alarms in that price range.

Absolutely do not try to install it yourself.

^^^This. An alarm is something I'd rather leave to the pros, there's more that can go wrong with that. For 500 that gives you alot to work with if you just want a basic setup.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

So that being said how much should I look into spending on labor for an alarm? And what's the issue with install? What type of knowledge is needed?

MOVE

In all fairness it didn't get jacked from my place the first time. However whoever broke in the first time also took paperwork that had my address on it. So I'm thinking they came back for round 2. My alarm has always been a shotgun. Doesn't work when I'm sleeping.

Any alarm I've ever bought I got free install, it's usually worked into the price.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

a viper will be around $250 installed that's the 2 way

Ok any specific model numbers I should keep my eyes on? Any recommendations for a better alternative than viper?

Archived