Second Skin Audio

2 lvl 3 15's think my box isnt cutting it

I am putting 1500 rms to them according to jbl the pair is rated for 1800 according to dc (from my understanding they can handle quite a bit more if your not clipping them and have good power supply) the boxes net is 5.86 and dc calls for 3 per woofer is the .14 cuft really going to make that much of a difference (not being rude just curious) it seems to me without building a whole new box my best bet would be to cut 22 inches off the port length giving me 7.36 net box volume 15.06 port area per foot and put my tuning around 33.74hz

7.36 net box volume 15.06 port area per foot and put my tuning around 33.74hz is way better.

i know dc specs pretty well i think. realistically your not getting 1500 out of that amp unfortunately. there for to make up for the lack of power you will need a larger enclosure now if you want to put the rated power to the subs your box will be the proper size, imo the tuning is a bit low for daily use but that is personal preference your port is also on the large size but that wont cause the subs to unload it will just shrink your bandwidth if you have any more question please fill free to give me a call 1 855 775 3299

MY suggestion would be to try and achieve a net of 6.5 or so, and make the port surface area a little smaller. instead of 111in^2 i would try about 90 - 95in^2 and tune it around 35hz or so. Just my opinion. looks good. Also have you seen my friend Brace? He claims he wants to be in your box build.

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

Archived