Run active or not?

catch 22

Has anyone used the alpine "tune it" app? Haven't seen any helpful reviews on it. Sounds pretty sweet if it works. I like the idea of being able to control all my sound setting from my iPhone

Yes, but how much can the tweeter handle alone? The mid? How do yo plan on setting your gain for this headroom?

Lulz

100 rms per tweet... Be aware set it up wrong at that power you will blow the tweeters FAST

Never used the tune it app

You laugh at my post, then back up exactly what I was saying. Your member title suites you well.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yet you are trying to troll me right now.....

I do not back up your post one bit I have double the rms going to every speaker in my front stage setting audio levels on a dsp is the simplest adjustment there is

If you want quality un distorted lowest THD highest efficiency you want all the head room you can get

my warning is for setting his xover to low on the tweeters... The lower a tweeter is crossed over the less power they can handle. Below 6kHz the power rating of most dome, ribbon and bullet tweeters, reduces at -6dB/octave (1/4 power for each octave decrease). Eg. A tweeter rated at 40 Watts will only be capable of 10 Watts at 3kHz.

I hope you have learned something today

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived