Run active or not?

catch 22

Like the title says, would I benefit from running active? Can I run active? Just want to get the most out of my setup. I have a Rockford t600-4 amp and a set of image dynamics xs-65 comps and and alpine hu. Looking for sum advice. Thanx

I have an alpine cde-hd148bt. It does allow me to set crossover points and slopes. It also has the, tune it, app. Which allows you to adjust everything from your iPhone. Still need to look into this more

If you have the proper gear to allow you to do so there is really no reason not to.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Good write up on the differences.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/146726-active-vs-passive-attempt-me-explain.html

to me the only advantage passive has is ease of use.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The more headroom the better . .... For real control and over all better sound active is the only way to go.... But read up on your xover points and slopes with the added control and the ability to get better sound comes the ability to destroy your speakers with a quickness if you set it up wrong.. it is also way more easy to have it sound like ass if set up incorrectly

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived