reedal Posted April 5, 2015 Report Posted April 5, 2015 I'm looking into dash cams, preferably one that does simultaneous front and back recording. My search has turned up nothing, but I'm hoping someone may know of one that's decent. Also would like one that has a battery to survive when the vehicle is off, but can be charged up when it's running. I'm probably asking for too much, but if I had to choose between the two features, I would take the one with battery life to sustain at least 24 hours without a charge. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
OrionStang Posted April 5, 2015 Report Posted April 5, 2015 Search on Ebay, there are a few. This type http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Dual-Lens-Car-Camera-Vehicle-DVR-Dash-Cam-Video-Recorder-Night-Vision-8G-TF-/151176854197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2332d7bab5 Or a setup like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-7-Dual-Lens-1080P-Full-HD-Car-DVR-Camera-Video-Recorder-Dash-Cam-30FPS-/141560897925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f5afe185 Pay attention to the resolution of the rear cams on them though. SOme will have a 1080 forward camera and something like a 480 rear LOL. Also, you get what you pay for. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
reedal Posted April 5, 2015 Author Report Posted April 5, 2015 The first one is what I've been trying to find. Thank you. Any personal experiences with it? Not sure what camera you use for your adventures in the mustang. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
OrionStang Posted April 5, 2015 Report Posted April 5, 2015 I've never used it. Looks pretty cool though. I use the cheap one LOL. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-5-Full-HD-1080P-Car-DVR-Vehicle-Camera-Video-Recorder-Dash-Cam-/380926995139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b104aac3 Its lasted quite a while, but is starting to act up lately. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
reedal Posted April 5, 2015 Author Report Posted April 5, 2015 Oh ok. Yeah, I figured have the front recorded for insurance just in case something happens (hopefully that doesn't backfire) and have the everything in the cabin recorded for security purposes, and maybe have it attached to my external drive for extra space. Sounds good, but everything does on paper. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Ahmed Johnson Posted April 5, 2015 Report Posted April 5, 2015 I'm pretty sure my dashcam has saved me from a few bogus traffic stops too.
OrionStang Posted April 5, 2015 Report Posted April 5, 2015 I'm pretty sure my dashcam has saved me from a few bogus traffic stops too. For sure. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Andrew Storlie Posted April 27, 2015 Report Posted April 27, 2015 just get 2 old go pro camera... and if nothing happens during that day, erase and start new.
Ninja_v1.0 Posted April 27, 2015 Report Posted April 27, 2015 this is the one that i purchased.. http://www.compustar.com/dash/ and i love it. When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
firebirdude Posted April 27, 2015 Report Posted April 27, 2015 this is the one that i purchased.. http://www.compustar.com/dash/ and i love it. Compustar, nice! Can you post us a video from the front/rear cam? Rear cam same resolution? How is night time video? How about the shock sensor activation? It senses impact, and then starts recording? The damage may be done by that point....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.