Sonic Electronix

Had a talk with our largest local audio shop about a new install in the 2-3000$ range! Vehicle is a regular cab dodge ram. He is wanting to do a blow through with one rockford t3-19 some new 19" sub, price includes 300 amp ohio generator alternator, and 1 of there largest batteries which was a 120amp battery don't remember the brand name. All I'm suppling is my Sundown NS1 amp... what do you guys think?

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

i would say that guys reasoning is greatly dependent on the amount of money he is set to make selling that equipment. Especially since Fi sells from the source so it would just be another item he wouldnt be able to tax you on for some extra money. IIRC ive heard that shops get and sell most name brand equipment like that with a 100% mark up from the factory so its almost never worth it.

Also from other reviews Ohio Gen isnt the most outstanding charging company, their pricing somewhat reflects the quality youd expect to get.

And 120ah for an off brand battery....it just doesnt add up.

Id try to pull some numbers on your own and stay away from a local audio store that thinks a single sub setup is work 2-3K. Unless you really dont want to lift a finger, and want it to be done through a storefront no matter what, theres probably someone local to you who could do the build much cheaper and with some equipment you chose and will like.

If you have an NS-1 already, get everything else thats comparable in terms of quality.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Aj will be along to tel you he'd do it for 500 bucks and a foot long from subway

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yes that with the t3 driver! I wanna go 2 fi sp415's or 18's. I would do it myself but I've never done a blow through and to be honest this amp scares the hell out of me looking at all the power and group terminals (3 each) battery brand was shrunken I believe?

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

Not enough details if you're asking us if you're getting a good deal. Give us the exact dollar figure and exactly what's included.

If you're just asking us if you should get an audio system installed......yes? You're on a car audio message board. Don't think anyone is going to tell you not to do it.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

so he's only doing a blow through for 1 19" sub? something is very fishy about this $3k price. just labor, I can see that price but equipment included I highly doubt. if I have to cut any sort of metal other than a small bracket, that price starts getting up there. just remember this, cheap labor isn't skilled and skilled labor isn't cheap. I have this sticker on my shop door for a reason. i work on every car like it's my personal car but I charge more than most shops in my area b/c of this too. unless this is a common install for the shop in question, i'd expect that labor ticket to be in the $3k range alone especially from a skilled installer. just that 19" sub is $2500, yeah thats a retail price but RF is a dealer protected brand so he can risk losing his RF dealer status by cutting his throat on the price. even still, let's say he took a loss on the sub his price still doesn't add up with you only provided a sub amp and he's doing a H.O alt and large battery. just the wiring alone on a build like this will be nearly $500, that's obviously if it's being wired correctly. still need info on what all this installer is suppose to be doing.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

haha, $500 and a back rub!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner