CDT 3 way Front stage ?

ImaNoob

So after countless hours trying to fit all these subs etc, etc its not going to work ... I want to go for awesome sound. So here is the equipment i have to work with for now..I will change things up as i get the money to do so.

Rockford 1500 bdcp for sub.. I know some don't use subs in SQ cars...I can turn the gain/sub line down.. Box is tuned to 32ish< i can make changes to this also, but would like the sub to still get down when needed.

For a highs amp i have a Rockford t400.2...So active isn't a option until i can afford to replace it

I do have t1 675 component set that i could use if 3 way isn't the route i shouldn't take

And a pioneer 7800mp old school but it has a lot of control ...Will be replacing this at some point also

So looking at Component sets..I think I'm set on CDT what one i have no clue. I was looking at the Gold series 3 way. 6.5 mid bass for the door, and 4inch and tweeter on the dash or in the pillars..Im sure its going to be hard to get the TA spot on running passive but i can change that down the road. There are so many different sets that CDT makes i honestly don't have a clue here..Upstage,gold,euro and the list goes on and on..

This is just for me, I'm not competing in any way.I just want a great sounding front stage. 3 way ? 2 way ? Im all ears this is out of my element , thoughts on current and mentioned equipment ? Should i just use my 2 way i have ?

Thanks,

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Passive will require a little extra work before the final install. Unless you plan on doing a lot of testing and work on install, even more so, then you want to run active. To do that you will need processing of some sort, really crossing on the amps isn't the best way to go, but it works if you have the tools to tune it properly. I use an 80PRS for my processing. 3 way if possible of course, but two way is just fine if you select the right drivers. I run two way now. I prefer to piece together my drivers based on my needs and their capabilities. You will still want a sub, trust me, just run a PAC LC-1 and turn it up/down to suit your taste and the music.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Thanks for the reply....Ive been told a few times just do a 2 way..lol .. I never played around with a 3 way comp set or heard one for that matter...I feel like I'm obsessing over a 3 way. I love the look of tweets and 3.5 or 4 inch mids in the pillars..With out a 6.5 in the door though i think it would be lacking ? I really should save myself some money and a headache and run what i have and just put the tweets in the pillars..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Is this for the '06 Dodge Ram in your sig?

'07 SRT8 Charger - Team Hybrid Audio Technologies / Team ARC Audio

'10,'11,'12 Meca California State Champion Modex

'13,'14,'15 Meca California State Champion Extreme

''15 Meca World Champion Extreme Class

'13,'15 Iasca National Champion Pro Class & Ultimate Class

'12,'14 Iasca National Runner Up Pro Class

I would suggest starting out 2 way passive and build up from there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

I moved into a set of CDT 3 way MX series from a set of 2 way Image Dynamics. Both Passive.

I'm still running the ID 6.5's though. They are a little lacking and about to be upgraded. There is an MX upgrade kit which includes 2 Xovers, 2 mids (either 2" or 3"mids, your choice) and 2 1" imaging tweeters.

It made a HUGE difference. Loud but not harsh, certainly not the loudest but loud enough.

My coworker has the same vehicle and the same set of ID's I was running. When he rides with me, he gets a little jealous and can't help but compliment the CDT's.

The 3-way made a considerable difference in my vehicle.

Archived