the purpose of sealing off doors.

Go-N-Def

What exactly happened when this is done? I assume assume somehow it's turning the door into an enclosure and sealing as much as possible but, isn't the door kinda huge for an enclosure?

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Your trying to keep the back sound wave from interfering with the front sound wave and causing cancellation, it will help with improved midbass and sound quality.

There is a lot more to it, but that is just a quick summary of what is going on.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I mean when you take the door panel off there's the front where the speakers sit. Behind the speakers is where I talking about.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Your trying to keep the back sound wave from interfering with the front sound wave and causing cancellation, it will help with improved midbass and sound quality.

There is a lot more to it, but that is just a quick summary of what is going on.

Kind of a related question, I understand this technique is good for a single speaker in an OEM application. But what if you fiberglass multiple speakers in a door? Should you build a "fiberglass enclosure" into the door so every speaker has access to the OEM hole? Or should you just seal the whole door off and not worry about making an "enclosure" type shape out out the fiberglass . I feel like most of the builds I see just have the speakers glassed into the door and there is not really a "backing" to the panel, the drivers are just open. I hope that makes sense, its hard to explain.

Archived