Jump to content

Need some highs


209er

Recommended Posts

Posted

The more power available the better.

It's all about that headroom and dynamics man.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

The more power available the better.

It's all about that headroom and dynamics man.

True, not trying to argue with ya man! I just know how it is to be on a budget, and I personally would not buy a Sundown 150.4 for those components.

Posted

its not like he can keep the gains down...

a 90 watt amp with gains up has more of a chance to sound bad over a larger amp with the gains lowered.. keep this in mind.. 90 watts isnt really enough power.. my brother wired he low wattage amp and sound just as loud as mine but im on deck power.. if youre going to use more power set your crossover a bit higher so it wont send low notes the the mid bass

Posted

The key to less distortion is more clean power on tap.

I'd rather have an amp set my speakers on fire barely working to push them than a small amp cranked to the max.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

So a nah on the sundown 50.4

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Posted

I personally would not get the 50.4 but it's your money and your install.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

What is your budget for the amp anyways? That could be useful to know lol

Posted

I would go with this amp to power them with.

Always buy better gear the first time and be done, or you run the risk of buying and blowing it to only have to buy more later on.

http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks-300-4?pp=24

I plan on getting the larger 2ch amp to power my set with. http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks600-2?pp=24

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

I would go with this amp to power them with.

Always buy better gear the first time and be done, or you run the risk of buying and blowing it to only have to buy more later on.

http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks-300-4?pp=24

I plan on getting the larger 2ch amp to power my set with. http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks600-2?pp=24

It does go with my my arc2000xdi I have now. Pricy though

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...