GS300Cali93 Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 Hey guys I recently notice my sub's are hitting harder. I just checked them and the center was fairly hot what's my next step I'm still new to a lot of car audio stuff thanks for the help
SLYentist Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 what subs? enclosure specs? amp/s powering them? Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.
Kyblack76 Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Hey guys I recently notice my sub's are hitting harder. I just checked them and the center was fairly hot what's my next step I'm still new to a lot of car audio stuff thanks for the help What sub? Whats "fairly hot" ? what power *amp*s)? what load? Box info? Tuning? Music played? Voltage info? Love hearing "hitting hard" SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
GS300Cali93 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 Two Rockford fosgate p2 15s sealed box to specs 1200 watt prime amp
Karkov Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 clipped signal. too hot to touch? warm to semi hot feelings is ok, shit will get warm.......... 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Kyblack76 Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 Turn the gain up..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
GS300Cali93 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 clipped signal. too hot to touch? warm to semi hot feelings is ok, shit will get warm.......... No not to hot to touch I guess semi hot didn't burn my hand lol
SIDE SHOW Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 take the subs out and check the impedances
GS300Cali93 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 Turn the gain up..... Up? Havnt tested the gain recently but we I did before couldn't go past between 3 and 5 how would turning the gain up help?
GS300Cali93 Posted April 17, 2015 Author Report Posted April 17, 2015 take the subs out and check the impedances Still learning what is impedances
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.