Sundown Audio

Rf Consumer Challenge

pauleqer

I'm sure many of you have heard of Orion's Concept 97 amplifier that's rated 1watt but does wwaaayyy more. The point is ratings are just ratings. Actual power output is what counts, not the manufacturer's claims. The Sundown was more efficient and I'll gladly put a Sundown 3000 against a RF T4k. I won't guarantee it will do more power but I'll bet money it will be more efficient. Now if all you care about is ratings and power output then I'll gladly put a pair of strapped Sundown 1500s against a RF T4k anyday. I've already done that test and the T4k lost.

here we go again!!!!

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

The Sundown was more efficient and I'll gladly put a Sundown 3000 against a RF T4k. I won't guarantee it will do more power but I'll bet money it will be more efficient. Now if all you care about is ratings and power output then I'll gladly put a pair of strapped Sundown 1500s against a RF T4k anyday. I've already done that test and the T4k lost.

That SAZ3000d will get its ass handed to it, they do about 3500w ON A STRONG electrical system where as every t4000 that Ive ever owned and installed has been a little under 5000w. Put that Sundown against an old T3000 and post up the results Im sure the RF will do more power... And the same can be said for a pair of 1500d's against a t4000. Sundown makes solid amps and Jacob is a good guy but they arent the second coming of god like you like seem to believe fanboy.

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

yes, the fact that all the rf amps are PURPOSELY under rated, therefore the t1000 is not a "1000 watt" amp, but rather a 1500 watt amp.

wrong

they are purposely under rated but not all t1000's produce 1500 wrms

ive seen most at around 1300

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the same can be said for a pair of 1500d's against a t4000. Sundown makes solid amps and Jacob is a good guy but they arent the second coming of god like you like seem to believe fanboy.

I've already done the test. A pair of Sundown 1500s strapped @ 1ohm beat a T4k by 0.4db under identical circumstances in a direct swap. Its obvious you've never owned a Sundown. And again from you with all this e-thug name calling bs. What are you 12yrs old? That immature mess is getting really old. Take that back over to www.iaghettothug.com

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I've already done the test. A pair of Sundown 1500s strapped @ 1ohm beat a T4k by 0.4db under identical circumstances in a direct swap. Its obvious you've never owned a Sundown. And again from you with all this e-thug name calling bs. What are you 12yrs old? That immature mess is getting really old. Take that back over to www.iaghettothug.com

what were the circumstances for the test. was it done on a bench or in a car? what was the charging system like? how did you achieve your load? what was the actual impedence?

Ive tested 2 3000s against my 2 t4000s and 2 1500s against a single t4k in my 96 ss. And the t400 was stronger in both instance on burps and in a bassrace type format.

300amp alt

5 svr 100 batts

1/2" copper bus bars for batts

2 runs of 1/0 + and -

2 DD9515g d1.4 wired @ .7ohm load ea

As previously stated sundown makes nice amps and jacob is a great guy; but you running around trying to hype them like the second coming of god and bashing RF is very old. But I should expect that from a fanboy like you. send some amps to test against the t4

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

If its such a BFD why don't you all do the tests propperly:

SAZ-3000 against the RF T30001.

SAZ-1500 against the RF T1500-1.

It doesn't take a brain surgen to figure this one out. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And I don't want to here anything about the T30001 being out of production and can't be used for this test.

After the 1 ohm test on all the amps I think a .5 ohm test shoud be ran to see who has the real BALLZ.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

NOTHING is more powerful than Chuck Norris! :excl:

Chuck Norris is my amp....

:D :D :D:ph34r::rolleyes::wacko:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

In the last three years i have seen

One car with sundown amps / equipment

MANY MANY cars have RF amps and subwoofers at the shows

The shows speak for themselves. If sundowns are so great, why is nobody running them at the shows?

Nobody at West Coast World finals ran them at all.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

The shows speak for themselves. If sundowns are so great, why is nobody running them at the shows?

Go here:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/aboutus.html

It states that they are a fairly new company. Only been around about 2 years.

They haven't been around for 30 years like RF.

I have been reading about them and from what I've read I'm going to give them a try.

It seems like they put out high quality and good watt per dollar.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

They are both great amps.

Okay lets use our brains here....

Sundown has been out how long? Is Sundown a major brand that is sold almost everywhere? Rockford has been out how long? Is Rockford a major brand that is sold almost anywhere?

Answer those questions in and then lemme know why.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived