Sundown Audio

Rf Consumer Challenge

pauleqer

O so then buying a RF amp is like buying a box of chocolate, "you never know what your gonna get"

I would be very mad if i knew some one who bought say a t1000bd and got "1500" true rms out of it, then i buy one for thge same price and get "1250" out of it. That is BS. Either make an amp that can do 1500 on ever model or dont even make em at all.

seriously i doubt youll ever hear that 250rms

also, dont give me that crap about RF amps not lasting long at 1ohm, thats BS, ive been slamming the HELL out of mine for over a year and a half at .7 each with no problem. The navigator i built with the T3000 on 2 dual 2 RE MT 12's is sitting at .5 and has since day one. No problem. JUST LIKE THE SUNDOWN you can run lower impedence but the manufacturer doesnt really want you to. Am i wrong or does sundown ENDORSE running at .5?

Sundown does not endorse 1/2 ohm operation any longer - but everyone does it anyway :D

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Everyone needs to just get along *laughs*

RF makes a good amp, and I wouldn't be in this business if I wasn't selling a good amp.

As for the T1001bd test (was that the model?) vs. the SAZ-1500D. It's really a no brainer WHY the SAZ-1500D was more efficient:

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Rockfo...1bd/inside1.jpg

* Very well built for a 1000 watt amp - clean, great heatsink design, plenty of high power devices

http://www.sundownaudio.com/amps/SAZ-1500D_internals_LG.jpg

* Notice a few things:

- Dual transformers, each larger than the RF amp

- Dual output inductors, each larger than the RF amp

- Substantially more capacitors

- 33% More Power Supply devices (look to be the same case size so similar max current is likely)

Why is the 1500D made like that? Well, it was made like that since it can produce about 2500 watts on an 18 volt system and HAS TO be that robust to handle it. As a consequence of the larger parts (transformers and filters get HOT) you get a higher efficiency level since these parts aren't wasting as much energy. Sure, there are other aspects but this is a major part of it.

The RF amp, honestly, has a tremendous number of large power supply devices for it's rated output - part of the reason it so easily exceeds it's rating of 1000 watts. It also has a very robust output section for a 1kw amp, much better than most amps in it's power class. But, RF engineered this amp to operate at 12 - 14.4 volts at no more than 1500 watts so they weren't concerned about having filters and transformers to handle 2.5kw, this does lead to efficiency lower than an amp built like the 1500D.

Doesn't make the RF a bad amp at all, just wasn't made with the same things in mind!

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Unfurtorunetly I can't go, But I want to see a Kicker ZR360 up against a 97 punch 225.2 or the power 500 that were produced untill 2004.

I have run both these amps (not the 500 but it should be almost the same as the 225.2) and the 225.2 can't even match the power abillity of the ZR360.

All the specs are higher on the Punch 225.2 but on numerous ocassions when I have traded it out for a ZR360 it just doen't seem to get close to the same output on mids and tweets without distortion and it seems like the 225.2 lacks low end also.

Oh and the 50 amp fuse on the Punch 225.2 and 80 amps worth of fuseing on the ZR360.(the ZR360 is 2 ohm bridged stable and fully regulated.)

But none the less Rockford shouldn't limit this competion to only now shipping amps.

I will admit my T5002 will eat up my ZR360 as far as power goes and the T5002 has a lower power rating on it compared to the ZR360.

I still have my ZR360 :)

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

I still have my ZR360 :)

Man if you only new how much I loved the ZR amps.

I wasn't willing to use anything other than those for years but hey ya gotta try new stuff from time to time.

I still have the first one I bought in 1998 and it never got ran at less than 2 ohm bridged. EVER (mean little bastard).

I now have 2 more. :lol: first one is retired :lol:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

wow i see a few immature kids in this section. also some usefull info. thanks ;)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

• 3 weeks later...

t15k in action

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Archived