Second Skin Audio

Subs getting stinky on low notes

SundownZ71

Just because you tune with the dd.1, doesn't mean that all songs are going to be clip free. I'd put money on it that you're clipping.

ill put money hes playing, "FUN NEAT SHIT" that the subs dont like in a enclosure that is meh....... tuning doesnt mean anything.... if the subs dont like.

Put a 6.5" mid in a box tuned to 30 hz...... you think it will last ???????

Just because you tune with the dd.1, doesn't mean that all songs are going to be clip free. I'd put money on it that you're clipping.

ill put money hes playing, "FUN NEAT SHIT" that the subs dont like in a enclosure that is meh....... tuning doesnt mean anything.... if the subs dont like.

Put a 6.5" mid in a box tuned to 30 hz...... you think it will last ???????

I agree with you fully. I see two factors playing a part here. Lack of cooling, and clipping. I play that fun neat shit too, but I know my limits. The tool is only a tool. It isn't an mean to all ends.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

You're correct, and I could be. So I take back what I said, I think that I'm not clipping.

I've had people tell me that same thing, I had a 4th order bandpass before the box I have now that played nasty low too and they never got stinky a single bit, it was too big for the reason I got rid of it, shouldn't have lol.

so ? do you know what your doing ? or ?

Question here what it mean by the sub getting stinky? I have never experience that with my subs

To me, it smells like burning speaker wires. I've been around a few people that don't have a pair of wire cutters and used a lighter to get the plastic shielding off. Try burning old speaker wires with a lighter.

You're correct, and I could be. So I take back what I said, I think that I'm not clipping.

I've had people tell me that same thing, I had a 4th order bandpass before the box I have now that played nasty low too and they never got stinky a single bit, it was too big for the reason I got rid of it, shouldn't have lol.

so ? do you know what your doing ? or ?

Eh, maybe not, who knows

Archived